Phonak Marvel Bluetooth

Daryl,
Right now I’m paired with 4 devices:
Android Google Pixel 3 XL running Android 10
Asus ZenBook Pro Duo i9 running Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft Surface Go running Windows 10 Pro

To switch between any of the four all I have to do is disconnect from the current device and connect with the new device. I remain paired to all four and do not have to unpair and re-pair.

2 Likes

Interesting. This sounds different from everything I’ve read. Was there another update?

I have Noahlink wireless and Target software. I do my own firmware updates as soon as available. There have been two Phonak Marvel M90-R firmware updates so far. Before the firmware updates I was only able to pair with one device at a time and had to unpair and re-pair to change devices. At the current time I have one Android 10 phone and 3 Windows 10 Pro computers. All devices have the latest operating system and are kept updated.

Before writing this paragraph I checked my Bluetooth device status on each device again to see that each device is in fact paired. I am currently paired with all 4 devices at the same time. This is the way Bluetooth Classic should work.

Odd that Phonak doesn’t tout that. Here’s a quote from Phonak’s website:

More Connectivity

In addition to RogerDirect, Marvel hearing aids are now capable of pairing two Bluetooth audio devices at the same time. This is especially useful for wearers who own two mobile phones, or for those who regularly stream from both a smartphone and any other Bluetooth device, including desktops, laptops, tablets and more. With the optional TV Connector, Marvel wearers can also stream high definition audio from their TVs directly to both hearing aids while keeping two Bluetooth slots open for their other devices.

and the link if anybody wants context: With Marvel 2.0, Phonak makes RogerDirect™ available in all Marvel hearing aids.

Gary, are you using TV Connectors?

Yes, I too have read that. I can only give you the facts of my current situation. My Phonak Audeo Marvel M90-R’s are, in actual fact, paired with 4 devices at the same time. In order to switch between devices I must “disconnect” the Bluetooth status of the current device and change the Bluetooth status of the device I wish to be connected with to “connected”. Even though “paired” with all 4 devices, I can be “connected” to only one device at a time. This is the way I would expect Bluetooth Classic to work.

I have a Phonak TV Connector that I can use with any of my computers (or of course my TV). At the current time it is not connected.

Thanks,
The 4 paired connections are without using the TV connectors, interesting.

It is a fact that before firmware updates in order to change devices I had to unpair and re-pair. I could only be “paired” with one device at a time.

I have done two Marvel firmware updates. It is possible that the second firmware update allowed pairing with more than two devices at a time. I never tested for that.

But it is an actual fact that I’m concurrently paired with 4 devices.

1 Like

Is there anyone reading this that has Marvels and more than two devices that can be paired? If so, can you verify that more than two devices can be paired?

1 Like

Gary, I just tried to pair a 3rd device, 2 iPhones and 1 iPad. It failed miserably. After trying to pair my wifes iPhone I couldn’t connect with both of my other devices without forgetting and repairing each one. I had my aids looked at at the VA about 2-3 weeks ago, nothing mentioned about a firmware upgrade. When did you upgrade your firmware, hopefully within the last month or two. I can go to the VA tomorrow and ask about the firmware upgrade. And if they know about it ask them to upgrade mine. If they can and do, I will let you know my pairing results in the next couple of days. Dave

1 Like

Gary, right now I have two devices which can be paired OK, my iPad and iPhone. I can disconnect one and connect to the other in under 6 seconds which is excellent.

That would mean that you at least have the first Marvel firmware update. Do you know if you have the second firmware update?

I just received a Phonak TV Connector for Christmas. It works great. Pairing it was easy. The only issue I had is that when it turns on it is very loud and I have to turn it all the way down to -5 on my iPhone. On the Connector it has a volume control buttons but they do not change anything. Does anyone have ideas that I can do to make the Connector volume work?

“Phonak Remote app in your phone. 3 devices will appear: L-Phonak HA and R-Phonak HA for remote control purposes, and one Phonak HA multimedia device (it can be L or R depending of the first recognised by the phone when you start the pairing procedure)”
Mine stopped showing 3 devices in the last day or two, it now shows just the L & R. Was there a myPhonak upgrade recently? I don’t show any.

Gary, My guess is no and I can’t find my firmware version anyway.
I will wait till after my VA visit to see what they say.

1 Like

I have both SW updates and just tested three connections. No luck, it drops one of the others. I have no trouble re-pairing the dropped one by just turning off (restart) the primary left hearing aid only. Just a pointer you don’t have to restart the slave. I used a iPad, S10, and W10.

Since when does it support pairing with four devices? I thought it was only two. In any case, it’s great news for Phonak users.

Gary, it’s been several hours now since you asked and so far it appears that you are the only one pairing more than two devices.

Maybe my three Apple products won’t pair more than two at a time?

J in[quote=“autotran2, post:318, topic:40544, full:true”]
“Phonak Remote app in your phone. 3 devices will appear: L-Phonak HA and R-Phonak HA for remote control purposes, and one Phonak HA multimedia device (it can be L or R depending of the first recognised by the phone when you start the pairing procedure)”
Mine stopped showing 3 devices in the last day or two, it now shows just the L & R. Was there a myPhonak upgrade recently? I don’t show any.
[/quote]
Also, as of right now I am not streaming to my aids and nothing I do works. It appears it might have happened after I tried to pair 3 Apple devices at the same time. Again, I will see what the VA says tomorrow.
While at the VA this AM I was able to start streaming again. I don’t know what she did that was different, but I now show all 3 devices. R-Phonak hearing aid is what I was missing and the two that start with LE show up as Not Connected which is correct. Dave