Phonak Lumity reset

This morning after after an all night charge, during hour 4 of wearing the hearing aids, my left aid gave the “disconnect” jingle. I removed it and couldn’t get it produce either a green or red light.

I was only 10 minutes away from home. Once home, I dropped it in the charger. The aid lit up red, then flashing green as normal charging.

We’ve probably all experienced this at one point or another, dropping the aids in the charger is usually a fix.

But how about if you are away from home for the day? Is there any way to reset the hearing aids without the charger?

@kevels55 was in a difficult situation with his Aids and no where near a charger.

1 Like

Yeah Ruth, it happened twice, whilst out in the boonies, with 5 very challenging criminal justice clients on my lonesome, doing community service work…BMS kicked in, and switched both aids off!!! In adverse circumstances, minus zero temperatures (around-12C) the Battery Management System switches the aids off, and they will not reboot until they are placed back into the charger dock! On the second occasion, I told my A.uD to take them back and replace them with a disposable battery version, even though my 60 days trial period was up, they did so without any quibble whatsoever! Perhaps, me pointing out these chargeable aids, where placing me in in a compromising position, if a fight broke out, or these offenders attacked me, I had no means to communicate affectively, suffice to say, I will not buy rechargeable aids, unless it’s completely unavoidable! Cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

You can only reset with the charger so don’t attempt a reset without the charger in hand.

You basically hold down the power button on each hearing aid for 30 seconds. Place the hearing aids in the charger and then immediately put them out when the lights start blinking. Careful because once you hold down the power button for 30 seconds, the only way to turn them on is by placing them in the powered charger.

Jordan

1 Like