Phonak Lumity Naida 90 UP BTE Review

P90 (and P70) have 20 bands. If your HAs only had 16 bands, you maybe had P50s? There are many advantages of lumity over paradise. I don’t think fitting band increases were part of it.

WH

2 Likes

Merry Christmas @dankailo… I hope you, and all the forum participants, have a peaceful & joyful time, over the festive period… Much love to u’all :heart: :heart: :heart:

5 Likes

@WhiteHat
I would imagine the “Stereozoom 2.0” would be a factor in the Lumity improvement.

@kevels55 and all, Merry Christmas

Peter

3 Likes

Thanks. I stand corrected. It must have been the other features of Lumity that made the difference, which was real. They were both 90s.

1 Like

@kevels55

What colour are your L90 Kev? Graphite grey?

I can’t decide between black or the graphite grey.

2 Likes

I believe, they are Graphite Grey Ruth, I actually quite like that colour, I wasn’t too fussed, so I let my A.uD choose :grin: Cheers Kev

I chose Chestnut. I just wanted them to look different to NHS aids

3 Likes

Hi Peter… My grandson has a single aid, it is metallic green, and it really pops (he is a Celtic FC fan) issued by the NHS, I think paediatric aids, have a wide spectrum of colours, unfortunately adults don’t have those kinda choices! Malcolm has single sided deafness, from birth, absolutely no hearing on the right, and a mild/moderate loss on the left, caused by a virus, CMV I believe? But he is fortunate in many ways, to be born into a “Deaf Aware Family”, in some ways it is advantageous, we understand, ( he is 10 now) he takes it in his stride, and most probably assumes, hearing loss is a fairly common thing… He has no stigma attached to his loss, which in my book, is a head start above other unfortunate kids, with a profound loss, albeit a mainly single sided one… Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

@kevels55
I’m glad the stigma thing isn’t as bad as it was many moons ago. I’ve had no trouble with wearing hearing aids, except being the butt of the occasional joke, but I don’t mind that, and am pretty outgoing in the right company. I was also 49 when I got them, but they were analogue and looked nothing like the swanky metallic ones of today.

In the early 1970’s, I needed glasses. I sat at the front of the class to read the blackboard, and put it off for nearly 4 years, due to the stigma, which was still pretty bad then. Thankfully, that stigma seems to have gone now. My brother used to say: “You’ve got the best eyesight in the village… nobody else can see through them!” :slight_smile:

Cheers, Peter

2 Likes

I like the graphite grey, chestnut and black.

Not a fan of the rest. I hated my sand beige NHS P70 at first but now I don’t mind them.

I properly will get black but if I upgrade again, it’ll be different colours each time especially if the casing doesn’t change. It’s so I can know which is which.

@PeterH What colour did the NHS give you?

3 Likes

@Zebras
Champagne I think. They’re fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you get the L90’s on the 28th @michael1, if so, your thoughts please :wink: Cheers Kev.

Just for a bit of fun… The slow release night time image below, is a view from Ormond Castle on the Black Isle, (Now in ruins, but a famous place in Scottish history) it is in the Scottish Highlands, the streaks are stars, slowly moving across the hemisphere, if you look closely at about 12 0’clock, you will see 2 x green (Aurora Borealis Towers), the ancient village ahead at 1 o’clock, is Avoch, (Pronounced Awk) I lived on that road on the seafront for approximately 15 years… Unfortunately, I didn’t take this image, but I kinda know who did… It’s quite stunning, I use this image as my iMac desktop background… Enjoy. Cheers Kev :smile:

12 Likes

My favorite color is graphite grey, which I ordered my new Oticon Xceeds in. I like all three colors mentioned here too.

2 Likes

@kevels55

That picture is so cool.

4 Likes

@kevels55 - Awesome and cool. Keep warm & stay healthy!

1 Like

Sadly not. Usual system- order and wait until 11th January!

1 Like

Good luck on the 11th @michael1 Please let us know, how you get on with the Naida Lumity’s, :wink: … That image makes a stunning background on a PC, Laptop, Mac or iPad @Zebras & @dankailo, please feel free to copy away… Happy New Year Folks, from Bonnie Scotland, “do dheagh shlainte”… to your good health :grin:

4 Likes

Happy new year all. Quiet one for us in Northern England. Watching TV and staying up for the event to look after our 2 dogs, as fireworks are likely to stress them out shortly.

Not the best year for many in our village, as we’ve lost a few lovely people :frowning:

Peter

3 Likes

Happy New Year all! I just joined this forum while researching my new HA’s and it seems like a good place :blush: I came to this discussion because I’m doing a trial of Phonak Nadia L-UP, Unitron Stride B-UP, and Resound Enzo Q.

For some background I am 44 yo and have been wearing hearing aids since I was 3 and still miss my analog Phonaks I got when I was 15 to this day. Since then I have had a hybrid Unitron (pretty good) and a digital Oticon Chili programmed to match analog as much as possible (just okay).

After my left ear Oticon went kaput early pandemic and I also went fully WFH I’ve been living with one hearing aid. When I managed to break the earhook on that remaining aid my wonderful husband finally put his foot down and I went to a local hearing aid fitter who set me up with Resound, Phonak, and Unitron trials.

After almost a month I’ve settled on Phonak and the main reason is improved speech recognition. I honestly prefer the Unitron overall for sound but the speech is garbage for me - probably comparable to my old Oticons but unacceptable compared to the Phonak and the Resound.

Unfortunately, while the Resound had the best music and overall sound it created truly painful sounds at the higher frequencies - a big problem if you have dogs with high pitched barks and also generally annoying for all sorts of things. It also had an annoying habit of focusing on the loudest person in the room whether I was listening to them or not. The Bluetooth also kept dropping out and with no HA mic it wasn’t true hands free for calls which meant I would never use the Bluetooth at all.

Finally the Phonaks - they are too quiet and too adaptable. It’s all very annoying but overall the sound is good and music and streaming sounds amazing after my Oticons and after the fitter adjusted the environment balance I get the environment sounds I want. And so it’s good but not great sound wise.

But here’s the thing - I was able to talk to a salesperson and purchase a stand up paddle board today with only a little help from my husband (and even that was probably mostly habitual). There are lots of little stories like that over here the last week. My husband and I have been laughing about how much he is trying to help and I don’t need it and also how hard it is for me to just stay engaged now for a full conversation. I know I can do it now but I’m not used to it :joy:

So long story short I am also loving the Phonaks though for me they are not without their problems. In the end the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

7 Likes