Phonak introduces Paradise, a new paradigm in hearing aid sound quality

Hey THANKS for that! I’m getting in to see my audi tomorrow and by golly, I’ll get the “pina colada” tap control set up! :smile:

1 Like

I find that the “tap control” works better on my Paradise P90R’s with the new App. My habit is to tap on the side of my head, my temple. Works well. Looks strange when others see it…

Ah! So are you saying I’d need to download the Phonak app on my Android cellphone in order to activate the “tap control”? Cuz I don’t have that on my phone as it had so many negative reviews here… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’ve used the old app and the new one. My first reaction was very negative. That’s because things had changed. Once I got past that I found the App more useful. I’m glad I have it. I wish it was better. Frankly I’m very disappointed they put crap for health in it. A simple fitness band does a better job.

I would encourage you to try it out. And be patient, as I wasn’t and it took me longer!

PHONAK had an app for my old copilot II with my old hearing aids. And then they deleted it. That was … (carefully biting my tongue.) So I don’t trust PHONAK to continue to support the product I buy with useful apps.

Yes that’s what I said earlier. It’s all in the myPhonak App.

ACK. I’m just so NOT wanting anything more on my cell phone.

But I still have to ask: is tap control worth it? :thinking:

It is to me. It may or may not be to you. Wouldn’t the way to find out be to try it? Why don’t you download the app and turn it on then delete the app if you don’t like that.

I use it. . I find it useful. YMMV.

LOL! I had to Google that: “Your Mileage May Vary”! Perfect analogy for using the phone app I’m thinking.

I still haven’t downloaded it … but am not ruling it out completely. I just want to get the ear tip comfort situation taken care of first.

1 Like

Looks like there’s a new Phonak platform launching soon

All I can get out of my contact is that it’s called Phonak Lumity so Audeo L I guess?

All models are apparently rechargeable (rip zinc batteries)

I can’t wait to see what they have cooked up this time

4 Likes

I hope that there will be some ric model with a slightly bigger battery so that it lasts longer when we stream the sound.

Well the battery is limited by the size of the aids. Have you considered a larger size aid?

1 Like

These hearing aids are RIC, and there is no stronger RIC with a stronger battery from Phonak. . There is BTE, but I don’t want BTE, I’ve come to love ric hearing aids. And rechargeable hearing aids. I would like Phonak to release a version of the RIC with a stronger battery, I know there are experienced hearing aid wearers who would like a stronger battery.

The paradise model has been out about 2 years now. I doubt at this point they’ll be any new addition. But I wouldn’t be surprised if phonak has a newer model in development

1 Like

hass5744, I’m grateful that the myPhonak App has been improved. I didn’t expect it. It’s not perfect, but for me it’s better than it was.

I find the Health part of the App to be useless for me; it has no value.

DaveL

Yes it’s been confirmed on this forum. The new model will be Phonak Lumity and no option of disposable batteries.

So there you go. And did I say something about the my phonak app?

I wonder if they’ve managed to make the battery last a week. Or they’ll be stuck for years in ‘daily charging’.

Unless they invent something crazy new which could improve my lifestyle significantly (no clue what that could be) I seriously doubt I’ll consider rechargeables until they get at least a week power.

But let’s see what they’ve come up with.

1 Like

Welcome back @Blacky !

4 Likes

Audeo Paradise P90R’s need to be recharged every day; they have enough capacity for my use. My audiologist provided two charging cases. One for my house; one for my car in case I need it. I haven’t needed it. I seldom stream, except for 1-2 hour video streaming every couple of weeks.

DaveL