Phonak introduces Naída Paradise

V5.0 fixes the notification issue. It doesn’t fix the issue that when connected to Target Software that it wipes the custom program memories. I think it was a Dr. Cliff video that mentioned that Phonak was working on it and hoped to have a fix. I’m guessing that might be in V6.0

2 Likes

Sorry, I’ve misread, you’re right. Let’s hope it’ll be in v 6 :joy: and not v 16 :rofl:

1 Like

So anyone know what the price could be in the U.K.?

I understand that it’s available for pre-orders for delivery February 22 - but I can’t see any order links!

1 Like

I am guessing here it will be anywhere between £2.4K and £3k for the pair via Boots Hearing Care it all depends on what discount they offer, if they offer one at all? A pair of Phonak Paradise 90’s are just over £2.4K at present because of some promotion. Cheers Kev

2 Likes

What SP can do what UP cannot? Just curious, if you know?

Different fitting ranges.

EDIT -

SP range

UP range

AFAIK fitting range’s upper part only means that aid cannot ‘amplify in such small amount’, but that’s of concern only if person is around that top line, no?
But then, they wouldn’t look at SP but S/M aids.

If low frequency is that good/normal, then maybe vent is enough?

How the loss looks like?
I think that information could help people who are more knowledgable than me to chime in with proper answer.

I perceived bigger receiver as a thing where you go there when others don’t work for you.
I use P because it sounded better than M, but I could go M probably, but I was on the border (bottom one for low frequencies). But I didn’t study in much detail how it works.

You are describing RIC aids.
The Naida Paradise aids are BTE aids.

1 Like

Which also have receivers which are exactly things we were discussing about.

I don’t see how your post (in this form) helped with deciphering the dilemma, unless I don’t know something and you could share and we’ll all learn.

My friends left ear which uses a UP is 110 dB to 115 dB flat loss. She doesn’t want to use a RIC in her other ear, she wants it similar looking to her UP aid so she uses a SP aid with an ear mould and a 1.2mm vent.

EDIT - her right ear is a steep ski slop loss with the 4 x last frequencies at 100 dB.

If you don’t mind the size of the UP hearing aid, I would take the UP instead of the SP in your place, for a better rechargeable battery or for a better replaceable battery.
I now use UP (Naida q50) because they told me that SP is close to the upper limit so it would be better to take UP if I need to turn up the volume even later.
With SP my battery life was a week (about) and with UP my battery life started to be 3 weeks at least or even more. It’s less now because I stream a lot of sound over the compilot.
So if you want rechargeable batteries, be sure to UP for longer battery life, especially if you have a habit of streaming sound a lot.

Hı Marko, I also have the naida Q50up. I m now looking for replacement . Was thinking the belong serie 70up would be a nice replacement since I use the compilot with 2 phone’s simultaneously and the laptop with a 3.5mm buddy jack hardwired to the compilot.
What would you advise? I’m just looking for more input from experience users.

If you can get hearing aids cheaply or almost for free then I would take those hearing aids but let me really admit it. The Q series hearing aids are very old. Naida Q first came out back in 2013. After that series they came out
(Ventrure, Belong, Marvel and now Paradise is coming) I hear from other people that they have achieved better and more beautiful sounds with Marvel / Paradise. I would save money in your place and buy a new hearing aid. And it’s up to you which one, whether you want Paradise or wait for a newer version until Phonak solves some of the problems that current models have.
I decided to wait for a newer series of hearing aids, most likely it will be Widex because I want a new bluetooth LE, rechargeable hearing aids, bluetooth le would save battery so the battery would last longer so I would consider buying rechargeable hearing aids.
But at Widex I’m attracted to their SoundSenseLearn and more sound tuning options, I’d like Phonak to make it possible too because there are advanced users who want more freedom, they don’t want everything to be automated.

My experience with the compilot is horrible because 2 of them broke down during the warranty period, and one after the warranty so I bought 2 more via ebay without a warranty and am now using these until I switch to new hearing aids. I would recommend you not to buy old appliances, wait for new ones as they do not require compilot.

If this ear’s low frequencies are in the grey area of the UP aid, I’d conclude that UP is fine.
I mean, no one says that you need to push aid to its limits :slight_smile:

My vote goes to 2x UP

1 Like

Anyone know if the Naida has the ability to plug the Roger X’s in? Or even if there is scope to add an AS10 shoe for the Roger X’s to be added?

No you need a Roger iN device to add the licenses to the Naidas. There is no way of adding audio shoes anymore.

1 Like

Ah damn it! So essentially the Roger Select non-In is basically useless?

Yes and no. You can get 2 x Roger X receivers with serial number of 1744 or later, earlier ones won’t work and use this machine to install the licenses.

The Bluetooth on the Select can’t be used with the Marvel or Paradise because it messes with the programs and your aids will just be continuously changing programs whiles the Bluetooth is turned on with the Select.

The Select iN doesn’t have Bluetooth on it because of this issue.

2 Likes

Just giving you the “Heads Up” … My Audioligist told me today that their training on the new Nadia Paradise Ultra Power BTE and Chargeable Power BTE has been completed so there release date is now imminent :smile: I will keep you posted when I hear more concrete information… Cheers Kev :wink:

4 Likes

Widex Moment can connect directly to an iPhones and (nearly) to android suported devices. However, you can connect to any dispositive with an “streamer” device called UNI-DEX. Its clearly that Phonax has the best conectivity now but it’s not further from the rest.