Phonak introduces Naída Paradise

In all honesty when someone has a severe to profound hearing aid - they need a dependable aid that can perform day and night. I mean 24 - 7 and a rechargeable battery can’t offer you that.

Plus with a 675 battery you can cook your aids at night, if you happen to live in an area that has hot summers, high humidity or lots or rain like Northwest. And speaking from experience if you dry your aids at night they will last not months longer then a rechargeable hearing aid - but years.

Thank you Phonak for supporting the severe to profound hearing group and offering the 675 battery to those who need it (badly).

2 Likes

No that fitting chart is only for the 675 model
The rechargeable model has less range and is similar to bolero m-pr

1 Like

The rechargeable model also has the motion sensor if you want the additional features that come with it!

1 Like

I’m curious as to why they didn’t off the motion feature for the 675 model? Perhaps for this type of hearing loss, the benefit of the microphone sensor adaptation would not be heard?

Can the tapping features still be controlled through the aids buttons?

1 Like

Cliff said no, unfortunately. I don’t know why it was left out, maybe there wasn’t enough space inside to fit both in cases of the same size. I guess the version with a disposable battery takes up more space inside.

Jst guessing but did Phonak think a smaller power aid would be a more attractive package than a bigger one? Maybe so and with that decision eliminated the motion sensor feature due to internal aid spacing issues. If that was the case I think Phonak made a mistake since those with a severe to profound hearing loss really don’t care what size a hearing aid is.

What the severe to profound group care about is hearing better and if the motion sensor adds to better hearing, then hells bells go with the larger aid body. On the other hand maybe Phonak thinks everyone with a severe/profound loss is over 80 years and doesn’t move much? Just kidding since I’m under 65 years old.

2 Likes

The motion sensor needs the higher voltage of the lithium ion rechargeable battery. Zinc Air batteries are by nature low voltage.

5 Likes

@MDB this is the correct answer
Right now they also don’t have rechargeable tech to support both longer usage times of profound users and the new double receiver.

A 675 based design is also easier and quicker to manufacture.

1 Like

Wow this is great news, I wasn’t expecting the Naida Paradise to be out this soon.

1 Like

I just checked the usa website of the Phonak and the Naida P isn’t there yet. Only showing two, Naida Marvel and Naida Link M.

Zebras is referring to the Target Programming Software, not the website. For further info, see the DIY section.

I know. My current Target version 7.0.7 hasn’t been updated yet to add the Naida P. I went to the usa website to see if the Naida P is under the hearing aid section and it’s not there yet.

1 Like

Sorry. Case is the same for me. I’m on same version and no Naida P.

Maybe this corrects one o the Paradise flaws Dr. Cliff mentioned.

In late spring, the myPhonak app’s 5.0 update will include the myPhonak Memory feature. It helps allow consumers to save a custom program from the app to the hearing aids, access the last-used custom program using the hearing aid’s multi-function button, or access other custom programs via the app.

So regarding the above with reference to saving custom program. Would that be a program your Audi sets up for you? Or are custom programs established by the aid user, after the he/see finds a comfortable setting to program in for various noise environments?

1 Like

Ok so Naída Paradise features a powerful double receiver that delivers up to 141 dB of peak gain in the UP model and up to 130 dB in the rechargeable model, according to Phonak. It’s powered by the new PRISM sound processing chip and features AutoSense OS 4.0 for “a host of premium features that work together seamlessly.” For example, the hearing aids can “automatically enhance soft speech in quiet places or reduce noise in loud environments.” A built-in accelerometer detects movement and automatically steers the microphones to improve listening on-the-go.2

So all the above looks good but I see no mention of motion sensor. Which then tells me its might not be that important. Unless the motion sensor refers to the last sentence of the above paragraph. (A built-in accelerometer detects movement and automatically steers the microphones to improve listening on-the-go.2). If the so called accelerometer is the same thing as the motion sensor then Phonak needs to clarify that.

Its getting rather confusing trying to figure out what exactly the Paradise Up has or doesn’t have in disposable battery model and then compare to what the Paradise UP has in recharge battery model. I’ve never seen two exact aids have different functions or features all depending on what type or size battery is used. Seems like you have to decide if you “want to rob Peter to pay Paul here”.

The custom programs referred to are ones set up by the user on the app. On the current version (4.0) any notification will kick one out of the custom program back to Autosense. There’s still a glitch that when connected to the programming software, all user created custom programs will be erased. Phonak is apparently working on it (perhaps in MyPhonak 6.0? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What Phonak is not doing a good job of here is making it clear that:

Naida p-pr = Bolero m-pr update
It’s not a rechargeable UP device, it’s only a rechargeable P device.

Naida p-up is actually an update of Naida b-up

Custom programs are programs made using their myphonak app
Before they were only stored on the phone and now they will be stored on the hearing aid.
This means that you can load your own custom made program on the app and even when Bluetooth signals come through like a text from your handy/cell phone it can switch back to the custom program.

This isnt possible right now, Bluetooth signals cause the hearing aid to switch back to autosense os.

It’s a nice update but never should have been a problem to start with!

2 Likes

Ya it’s not available yet…

Motion sensor/accelometer (same thing, it’s sensor for motion called accelometer, so I guess people mix words around) needs higher voltage and that’s the reason why it is available only in rechargeable versions. This was confirmed by phonak from two sides.

In naida case, P-R model. UP model is battery one. Will they release also UP-R, I have no clue.

@MDB workaround/fix is announced in v 5.0 which is announced ‘this spring’ wherever that will be.