Phonak introduces Naída Paradise

Difference is that oticon isn’t just using the training, what phonak did, but they are actually supposedly have DNN in the aids themselves which does recognition based on training done. But so far I didn’t saw the paper that covers what they exactly do.

What process phonak uses to put that training into the practice, no clue. My guess is by parametrization or something, I remember reading about how they trained it but forgot if it was mentioned how exactly HA works with it, but it certainly wasn’t DNN, otherwise they’d be screaming about it for a long time already :smiley:

So for autosense 5 we might expect to see some improvements in scene detection…

And one degradation between 3>4 jump is that now you can’t tweak soft noises per frequency, but have just one slider for all soft noise in general. I liked the previous better since I’d cut differently lows and highs and mids I wouldn’t cut at all.

LOL about first, don’t they always start with ‘we’re the first’, and ‘leading manufacturer’… they’re funny :rofl:

DNN is just a buzzword, just like how Starkey used artificial intelligence a few years ago.

Phonak has trained their operating system using recordings, just like Oticon, or at least that’s what reps say.

1 Like

Just use G50 for reductions of soft noises per frequency, it was always linked with G35 anyway.

If anyone has a “fitting chart” please attach and post. Thanks

I’m not German :slight_smile:
I didn’t notice it was linked on marvels, I could adjust g35 without messing up my g50 setting… ?

Prior to paradise, 35 influenced other G levels.
It still does but not as much as APD 2.0 has two kneepoints.

Thanks for sharing :smiley:

Is this what you mean?

2 Likes

I think the same. Because it usually takes them 2 years to put out a new series of hearing aids. I think that’s why they hurried with Naida because otherwise they would be less competitive.

This is exactly the news I was hoping for. Especially after waiting for over a year for a Naida Marvel UP.

Does anyone know when this will be available in the U.K. and for how much?

Thanks for the fitting chart.
Is this chart applicable to both the rechargeable and disposable 675 battery versions?
Thanks for the updates.

1 Like

You can only see up to 120dB on the chart, and I saw somewhere or CliffAud mentioned that they are up to 140db stronger both (on a rechargeable battery or at 675)
CliffAud mentioned that the UP version has two receivers and this gives it extra power compared to the SP version.

Anyone yet have a price quote for the Naida Paradise Up? I would think aid with disposable battery would be cheaper, but in the past I’ve been quoted same price for power aids with recharge battery and throw away battery. As if the charging unit doesn’t cost anything - which is not true.

I also got the impression that a hearing aid with a disposable battery is better.
1 reason - it lasts longer, if we take a stronger device for example the UP version, we can have a battery life of up to 3 weeks. It depends on hearing loss and the flow of sound through bluetooth.
Reason 2 - Replacing a rechargeable battery after 3 years of use for both hearing aids can be more expensive than the price of disposable batteries we have used for 3 years.
3 - to replace the rechargeable battery, some manufacturers require sending it to the factory to replace it there and at that time you are without a hearing aid.
4 - if you are a person who has a habit of being awake for a long time, especially at night or you have a job that requires intervention at night, rechargeable hearing aids are not for you, because in order to charge hearing aids it takes a minimum of 3 hours to charge. lasts 24 hours if we don’t stream sound over bluetooth.
Portable cases that have their own rechargeable battery do not help people who have severe damage. because they are not able to recharge during the day, they need it all the time.
A person who constantly uses bluetooth or constantly streams sound via bluetooth, for example because of a job that requires constant talking on the phone, is not a rechargeable hearing aid because the battery will run out quickly.

3 Likes

I have spoken at length to my Audiologist today about Nadia Paradise BTE UP, she recons 3 weeks to a month before they gradually start hitting the street, Audi is going for training next week and this usually occurs just prior to a new release from Phonak… I have a further appointment in 3 weeks time so I will request an update at that time and give you the heads up. Cheers Kev :grinning:

1 Like

I looked at Target and they haven’t updated yet to include the Naida P. Based on my profound hearing loss, l would use the UP 675 battery version.

It’s on my Target software.

I just checked a couple of minutes before l posted here.

The Roger On reminds me so much of the Phonak Smartlink+ that I had with the ML13i receivers on my Phonak Cassia MicroP’s a while back.

It’s great that they’re bringing back this sleek look. I wish they’d have kept it similar to begin with.

I completely agree. The only two advantages I could see with rechargeable is dexterity aid and more water resistance. I prefer the flexibility to not have to worry if my aids were recharged each day, versus just having a spare set of inexpensive batteries on me.

1 Like