Phonak Infinio Sphere 90 review

@Zebras You probably have just explained why I have NEVER had problems with noisy places during calls with my Paradise. I could call even inside a moving tram or while flushing the toilet or running tap water…

By the way, on the video is showed potential of Samsung Galaxy AI.

EDIT:
This option appears only when you temporarily disable the Bluetooth connection (I can do that during a call and re-enable it a second later).

4 Likes

@Bimodal_user

That’s cool, wonder if this would help @PeterH with his Android?

1 Like

I’ll try it in 45 minutes, when my wife rings :slight_smile: . Although it’s her that hears the noise, not me.

1 Like

Thank you! I shall check this out.

DaveL

Same with my situation and a lot of others.

2 Likes

I’ll also look in the options in the App when she calls

1 Like

The sphere program is actually not an ear to ear program, unlike previous beam forming strategies, so a nice option for unilateral or CROS fits.

4 Likes

Right, I’m pretty sure I heard one of the Phonak folk say it only needs one microphone.

WH

1 Like

Exactly. I considered buying Oticon Intent despite having had Phonak hearing aids since ~2013, but its features are mainly bilateral… So the Phonak Sphere, which also (and only) works unilaterally, is a bit of a godsend for me. :sweat_smile:

Regretting not having Advanced Bionics CI for future updates. However, in 2013, when I had the implantation, no one knew what would be in the future.

Yeah, that was said in the dr Cliff’s video about his experience at the Phonak event in The Sphere building.

However, I’m curious: does 2-microphone technology improve AI processing, e.g., by making sound easier to filter or process and therefore requiring less energy?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts so far pproducts.

I have a question with regards to the normal use of the ERA chip for the non speech in loud noise situations. Do you find that the Infinios perform well in comparison to your previous Paradise HA generally, ie in calm, and normal situations?

2 Likes

I have been wearing the Phonak L90-R, currently just purchased the Phonak Infino Sphere 90. I have been watching all the video’s so I am really excited to get mine to see if they are as good as everybody is saying in noise.

9 Likes

I have found them better pretty much everywhere, but please remember I was using Paradise with a CROS and that probably has something to do with it.

6 Likes

I will post again when I start wearing them I have severe to moderate SNHL that is reverse slope; just recently though my high’s are starting to get worse.

4 Likes

Will you have REM? In review please mention about kind of acoustic coupling (domes/earmolds).

2 Likes

Interesting battery life. A friend recently tried Phonak with a Cross and by mid day battery was down to 15% with no streaming. Provider ordered a second set with same result. She is now going with Signia because of that

Has your friend been qualified for a cochlear implant if one ear is unusable?

I have a CI on my left totally deaf ear and may have a Sphere on my right ear.

She has been living one-sided for several years and is not interested in CI. She is just NOW considered mild to moderate loss in the good ear and started having more problems hearing in restaurants (and our dining room since we live in a Senior Independent Living) . . . She is have a really rough time adjusting to even a single hearing aid - - having to do with fitting her ear canals. They are making a silicon mold with a very short insert to try on the cross because every other earpiece has irritated the canal . . . so . . . We have a GREAT Audiologist who is willing to try EVERYTHING!!! Thank Goodness!!

1 Like

Okay, nothing by force. Fingers crossed for at least HA acceptance!

Finally HearAdvisor review…!

And Hearing Tracker:

3 Likes

Bit pricey at $3.920…I guess I’ll wear my current HAs (Phonak Audéo P90R, ~1,500$\piece) out…

5 Likes