Phonak Firmware Update breaks streaming

My audiologist just updated the firmware for my Phonak Audeo L-90 hearing aids. It was working perfectly prior to the update, now it keep losing streaming.I was listening to music on Pandora when I got a phone call. Of course streaming pauses during a call, but when the call disconnected, the music did not resume. Furthermore, no matter what I did, I could not hear the music, and when I pressed on play, it would wait a few second and change to stop. I disconnected everything, and repaired. It worked fine, until I turned Pandora off. When I went to turn it back on - nothing. No sound. I recommend that no one gets the firmware update until they get this fixed. I called the Phonak Hotline twice. I got two different people who had me do what I had already done, and when it didn’t work, they told me to go back to the audiologist. I have an appointment for tomorrow. I will update everyone after.

2 Likes

If only people would listen, yeah I’ve been harping on about this for a long time, only update if it’s absolutely necessary, it it isn’t broken don’t fix it is one way of looking at it.

1 Like

Have you tried to forget your aids on the phone and pairing after a restart of the phone?

3 Likes

Maybe this helps.

1 Like

It’s the rabbit hole most fall into,I want the newest and I want it now!

I wish I had never updated my Mores when MyMusic came out! Lesson learned, always wait a month for bug checks.

4 Likes

As a follow up, as it turns out, disconnecting, unpairing and resetting, restarting, repairing and reconnecting wasn’t enough. In addition, while everything is disconnected, you also have to uninstall and reinstall the My Phonak app. After doing that step (which no one tells you), then you can first repair the HAs to the My Phonak app, then to Bluetooth on your phone, and everthing works as it should. Hopefully, this will save someone else a headache. I understand the caveat about not updating the firmware unless there is a really good reason. It is true that if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. However, prior to the update, I was having some inconsistent connectivity issues. They do appear to be fixed, but I won’t know for certain until after several days/weeks. I will update this thread, if necessary. Thanks for your responses.

3 Likes

Oh ok new firmware, new version of the App, should be interesting to see how it works out, hopefully all good!

1 Like

Hmmm, I’d also had some inconsistent streaming with my Roger On iN mic paired + connected to my Phonak Lumity Life aids. While I didn’t troubleshoot this with every test I could think of, in general, I’ve found my streaming MUCH more stable without either myRoger or myPhonak apps on my phone.

I’ve always been very proactive about firmware updates - the minute I read about them HERE, I make an app’t with my audi to have that done by her. This paranoia dates back to my Oticon OPNs, when I was on a 3-mo trip and the dang aids kept rebooting for no reason, often during the middle of someone asking me something. Firmware update once I got home resolved that for good.