Phonak Cros vs. Oticon cros...2024

I am going in tomorrow to be fitted for new Cros HA. I have been wearing the Phonak Cros for the last 7 years. New audiologist sells both Phonak and Oticon HA’s. She is recommending the the Oticon. I am going to do the 30 day Oticon trial for $300. ( Oticon Intent $6,700.)

I have been reading the reviews. ( Phonak vs. Oticon) I am confused as what path to take. Who do you trust?

I depend on the Phonak remote mic to better hear my wife when we are sitting in our living room.Her voice is just at that frequency that is tough for me to hear. My hearing loss has created a major problem in our marriage.
Oticon has the connect.

What are your thoughts on Phonak vs Oticon Cros?

Thanks

@jmh I have a Oticon Cros now not with the intent though that i got through the nhs here in the uk. I use to have a Phonak Cros aid with the neck loop and clip on mic but am now not having to use any of that as I find the sound quality of the oticon to be so much better but i know that it is different for each person so where as i am not finding a need for a mic or anything any more someone else might. If i where you i would see you could trail the latest Phonak Cros which is the infinio cros with the infinio sphere if that is available yet where you live as well before deciding which model to go for

1 Like

Trial a newest Phonak might be a good idea. However, small correction: Infinio Sphere doesn’t have CROS (nevertheless it’s worth to try). Second model of newest Phonak HA is Infinio R (without “Sphere”) which exactly has CROS Infinio.

@jmh, please insert your audiogram and WRS in quiet score to your profile (“Forum” button on the top of the page). This info gives us a possibility to better help you.

If one ear you have unusable (very low % of WRS score) - have you ever considered cochlear implant?

Your new NHS Oticon Aid is based on the Opn S model.

Old NHS Oticon Aid is based on the Opn model.