Phonak Compilot 2 Android App

Does that app see the Manual program , then it can adjust it?
That looks like the app I have on my Samsung phone.

Yesss! That’s the first positive! Do you know how I can find/install it?

My version is:
V 2.1.0.1684.Release

It seems that the Marvel app is called Phonak Remote, while the ComPilot app is called Remote Control.

So we shouldn’t get confused with nearly the same version numbers.

For now I am still quite confused!

@Raudrive Would you be willing to try and extract your app-file and share it? This link suggests that it is possible:
https://www.wikihow.tech/Share-Apps-on-Android-Bluetooth

1 Like

I will look into it.
Give me some time, busy with a few other things right now.

1 Like

The information of Phonak Remote ends with “…If you are using a Phonak hearing aid with a body-worn accessory (ComPilot II or ComPilot Air), please use the Phonak “RemoteControl App”, also available in the Google Play Store.”

I have a hard time believing that they simply discontinued service for a device that they are still selling! Of course there is a lot of bitching about the marketing of HA’s, but this is really stumping me…

I did a Google search and found this. Do not know if it will work or not so do so at your own risk.
https://apkpure.com/phonak-remotecontrol-app/com.phonak.mobileapps.rcapp

2 Likes

I believe Turner has what I have.

Thank you

I couldn’t find it on that site. Very happy that you did! ( I looked under ‘Medical apps’, instead it’s categorized under health&fitness.)
Now back to training my mother. She’s having trouble with un-/locking the ComPilot: two buttons at the same time.

She’s a very happy camper. Just turned 80 last Sunday and swinging to Moonlight Shadow while streaming via the ComPilot II!

2 Likes

Most important in my mother’s case are the directionality in the speech-in-360o program and the visual list of the programs: What goes under which beep. (But I also put a sticker on her mobile cover.)

Last but not least is the ComPilot-in-bag option: Vanity is of all ages and mobiles in hand is of the current age.

1 Like

What about the original source in google’s playstore?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phonak.mobileapps.rcapp

There you have your starting point :wink: From there the link to the app in google play store is still valid.
In contrast to zebras link this link points to RemoteControl App (not just Remote App w/o Control)

1 Like

I have no idea, why this app didn’t turn up with the regular search on Google Play, nor why I only found discontinued messages. So odd!

This is absolutely normal on google play store. Discontinued apps don’t need to be deleted (but can). They are just no longer in the index. So you can’t find it by searching in the store.
Once I had installed the app on my Android but there was no need for me to use it. Therefore it’s deinstalled. But the app still is in my list of used apps in the web-frontend. Together with its concrete weblink. And I found the link on Phonak’s homepage using the correct(!) search words, too.

Yes, true. But, if you don’t find the app, the software will let you set up a manual program with 360 with a direction already specified. So you could have 3 manual programs for 360 left, 360 forward, and 360 right. I know it is clunky and it doesn’t have the same convenience and flexibility of the app, but it is a way to get partially there.

2 Likes

The software also allows you to enable the buttons on your aid to specify direction. Use the left HA button for left, use the right button for right. So that would reduce it to 2 programs. :slight_smile: Nice, because you only have 6, IIRC.

However, social encounters being as chaotic as can be, it’s nice if you can switch during the program, instead of cycling through all the other programs to get to the right one.

So if you select the program with the ComPilot you default to center and otherwise you have to select it with your right or left HA program button?

Going to give 360 a try as well.
Using Auto with the Left/Right box checked.

Not necessarily. You can set it up in Target to be a fixed direction, and not dependent on pressing the left or right hearing aid button. For example, I have program 2 set to 360 all around, and program 4 set to 360, front facing. No matter how I get to program 4, it is 360, front facing.