Phonak Compilot 2 Android App

I have no idea, why this app didn’t turn up with the regular search on Google Play, nor why I only found discontinued messages. So odd!

This is absolutely normal on google play store. Discontinued apps don’t need to be deleted (but can). They are just no longer in the index. So you can’t find it by searching in the store.
Once I had installed the app on my Android but there was no need for me to use it. Therefore it’s deinstalled. But the app still is in my list of used apps in the web-frontend. Together with its concrete weblink. And I found the link on Phonak’s homepage using the correct(!) search words, too.

Yes, true. But, if you don’t find the app, the software will let you set up a manual program with 360 with a direction already specified. So you could have 3 manual programs for 360 left, 360 forward, and 360 right. I know it is clunky and it doesn’t have the same convenience and flexibility of the app, but it is a way to get partially there.

2 Likes

The software also allows you to enable the buttons on your aid to specify direction. Use the left HA button for left, use the right button for right. So that would reduce it to 2 programs. :slight_smile: Nice, because you only have 6, IIRC.

However, social encounters being as chaotic as can be, it’s nice if you can switch during the program, instead of cycling through all the other programs to get to the right one.

So if you select the program with the ComPilot you default to center and otherwise you have to select it with your right or left HA program button?

Going to give 360 a try as well.
Using Auto with the Left/Right box checked.

Not necessarily. You can set it up in Target to be a fixed direction, and not dependent on pressing the left or right hearing aid button. For example, I have program 2 set to 360 all around, and program 4 set to 360, front facing. No matter how I get to program 4, it is 360, front facing.

Is your mum still using this App? :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed being able to switch my Mics from going left, right, forward etc so thinking about getting my old iPhone out to be able to use it again.

Just wondering if your mum has found a way to use the feature above without using the App?

EDIT - There goes my plan. Got the App on my old iPhone 5 but my ComPilot II can just not be found by the App :-/