Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R's--CeruShield Disk Issues

Simple. Reading a forum post about “where should the hearing aid sit on my ear” and read a fine response that says the wire to the receiver comes in different lengths. Take off my hearing aid, remove the dome. Mine are 2’s…and the hear aid pokes straight ahead high on my ear…could my hearing be improved with a longer wire?

Reason for this post…The CeruShield Disk is not in the right way! It’s out too far and crooked so I think it must be blocking sound. I can’t remove the disk with the Round CeruShield Disk thing when it’s slanted like that…

Take out my Swiss Army Knife to use the tweezers…doesn’t work. Take out the auger and miraculously the too-tiny-to-see disk falls out somewhere. So I put a new one in. Luckily I have one…and I turn the container to replace my other one. Nope. None left

So my right hearing aid is working better now. I had changed both about 5 days ago, and looked at both hearing aids to see if the disk was aligned properly. It was.

My issues.

• Disks are too darn small. Much smaller than the old ones that worked so well on my last two sets of Phonak HA’s.
  • I’m hard of hearing. When I put the receiver into the “garbage” hole on the container, I can’t hear the “click” they are supposed to make.
  • I’m old. I’m farsighted and need my glasses to read. Translate–I can’t see the disk unless lighting is bright, and I have my prescription glasses on.
  • I have nerve damage, and dexterity issues.
  • I’ve used my hearing aids without waxguards for more than a week before, because I didn’t have spare waxguards. Now I make sure…
  • About one time in three when I remove the domes I have I find the waxguard sticking out, and misaligned. And every time I put them in, I check to see it’s all the way in, and aligned and centred.

In the year and a half I’ve had these hearing aids I’ve complained to my audiologist every visit. Yes he called the maker in my presence. No, they said, they’ve had no complaints.

Who in their right mind would design wax guards like this, when the old ones worked so well? Must be my fault…

DaveL
Toronto

I use a thin needle and stab it into the white cone shape that you can see inside the receiver at an angle of around 30 to 45 degrees, then lever it out against the side of the receiver (don’t go strait down the middle as you cant apply any sideways force and you don’t want to be stabbing your receiver innards) the official remover hardy ever works for me.

1 Like

I do that too…when I’m home.

I noticed/thought I wasn’t hearing well. Pulled the dome off at work. I should keep a needle there. However, I haven’t yet.

It’s an indication to me how bad the design is.

First time it happened to me my hearing aids were new. I put the dome back on and made an appointment with my audi. Took a week to get in…he’s always helpful but has a business to run.

Next time I took a needle to it and did without until he could see me. He’s replaced my receivers a number of times.

My first hearing aid was a Widex. It was an in the ear device. They moulded it so tight I could barely wear it. I used to leave it in my pocket when I was stressed.

DaveL
Toronto