Phonak Audeo P90-RT severe battery drain in right ear

So I’ve just had my Pixel 6 Pro upgraded to Android 13. Few days ago and the issue seems to have gone.

I’ve be wearing for 15+ hours and they are 34/27%

1 Like

I have a Samsung Galaxy Fold v2 with exactly this problem.My Hearing aid is only 2 weeks old .I have been wearing it for 14 hours so far today and the LH/RH battery is showing 44% /9%
I notice I am running android 12-how do I get android 13?

2 Likes

You can try and enable ‘Developer Options’ on your phone and then enable Gabeldorsche inside the developer options.
This worked for me on a Pixel 6 Pro so there is a chance the option won’t be there for you on a Samsung.

Paul I am not sure how to update a Samsung phone. I have a google pixel and it was very easy as Google provides updates OTA. Is there anyone else here who has a Samsung phones and has received an updated?.

Software Update Galaxy Phone

Maybe this can help? I’ve been thoroughly iPhone for almost 15 years, and don’t know google’s system.

WH

Thanks for the idea.I have enabled ‘Developer options’ but no sign of the Gabeldorsche option.
I think with Samsung I have to wait for them to release ONE UI 5.0 which also contains the Samsung stuff as well as Android 13.

Have Samsung S21 and paradise P90 hearing aids Samsung has android 13 just updated and my left left hearing aid is draining not the right… this is contrary to the problem everybody else is having…

Hi , I have phonak audeo p90 r and Samsung fold 3.
Had my hearing aids since February and they have been fine until about 2 weeks ago. Then all of sudden right ear hearing aid the battery ran out at about 10.30 pm, It was sent back to phonak and basically all internals were replaced but following day at 9.15pm right battery 9% left 47%.
Have only just found this thread and just thought I would add that it’s not just pixel phones, Samsung have the same problem.

Normally the right hearing aid battery drains faster because it’s set to be the master hearing aid for bluetooth by default, but it’s possible to switch it to the left ear in the programming software. Maybe that’s what’s happening? Or if you have a really big hearing loss on the left and not much on the right, the left hearing aid will go faster because potentially it’s providing more sound and thus draining more battery.

Same thing here for Fold4 and KS10. I just read that Fold3 is eliligble for Android 13 beta now. Seems like Fold4 will skip the beta version, and get final Android 13 before the end of the year.

My audiologist sent my Phonak Paradise right hearing aid to reset or reconfig because the right was draining far more than the left. Issue resolved!

1 Like

Largely the same situation with P90 and Galaxy Flip. I reloaded the Bluetooth firmware and the side flipped to the left side. I have the left size set to be my master side because it demands less power. I don’t think the master preference is key here. I cannot go 13 beta because the phone is locked to ATT. I do think the issue is on Android’s side and not Phonak’s.

1 Like

The Samsung Flip3 was upgraded to Android 13 yesterday late. Today I find the left/right battery consumption to be about equal accounting for ear specific power demands and the selection of the master side. Heretofore I was seeing differences of 30-40 percent.

2 Likes