Phonak Audeo P-RT Not Pairing with IPad

@dan_public: I apologize for my part in hijacking your thread. I’m deleting my offending posts, and will try not to let my love of the craic interfere with anyone else’s search for answers, in the future .

Sorry, Dan

SpudGunner,

No problem. My frustration is limited to the Phonak HAs and NOT the folks on this forum.

Best regards,

Dan.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me off the hook … between getting hearing aids that work for me, as well as an adjunct to my pain meds that works, too, I’m feeling particularly giddy these past couple of weeks… I got carried away with my buddy, @kevels55.

Good luck with getting Sonova/Unitron/Phonak to respond. I was never able to break through, myself.

Best to you …

As one last ditch effort, I Just contacted Phonak asking them for documentation on how to connect an iPhone and iPad. I’d like to see their response.

I’ll post their response here.

Dan.

1 Like

Did you try turning off the phones Bluetooth and then going through the pairing process with your iPad?
This is just to prove the iPad can pair and stream with your aids.
Once that is proved or not. Then turn your phones Bluetooth back on and see what happens.
You have great aids, just need to figure the Bluetooth.

1 Like

Raudrive,

Hi. The answer is sort of, but it’s more complex. I spent an hour today talking with Dan at Phonak tech support. I’m writing up three pages of notes about the process and constraints.

When the draft is complete, I’m posting it here and will send it to Phonak Support for review. After review and corrections, I’ll post a separate thread here for other Phonak users.

Regards,

Dan

1 Like

Hi. My iPhone an iPad now connects with my Phonaks. I wrote up a draft description of the process for review by the folks here on the forum and by Phonak tech support. The draft process post is here: DRAFT - Connecting an iPhone AND iPad With A Phonak Audéo P-RT - Hearing Aid Forum - Active Hearing Loss Community (hearingtracker.com)

I’d like to get feedback from the folks here on this draft process thread.

Thanks,

Dan.

I believe you first have to disconnect your iPhone in Bluetooth settings. Then pair the aids with the iPad. Whenever I try to use my aids with my iMac, I have to go through this process. Even after the aids are paired. Phonak only seems to be able to manage one Bluetooth device at a time. (Other programs disconnect the Bluetooth connection for the device not currently being used, Phonak does not appear to do this). That said, my connection with my iMac is unstable and I have only been able to manage a connection for a fewminutes to a maximum of 30 minutes.

Sidney,

Hi. This changed with the new Phonak Paradise HA’s. They can “…simultaneously connect to two Bluetooth devices and seamlessly alternate between the two.” These are great HA’s, and this is one of the best features.

Since there is so much confusion with this, I documented how to connect an iPhone and iPad in this thread: Connecting an iPhone AND iPad With A Phonak Audéo P-RT [Draft Guide]. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Best regards,

Dan.

I just got Paradise P70-RT’s about a week ago. At first I thought I need to pair my iPad with the app and everything as the second device but I do not. I only pair the right one without the app and my iPad sees both as a set of headphones and easily switches to the iPad or my phone without issues. To clarify, I think of my phone as the primary device and have the aids paired to it the official way with the app and all three pairings listed in the Bluetooth settings. I only interact with my aids through the app from my phone. The iPad still shows the battery life next to the headphone image while using them. Let me know if this is helpful or you have any other questions.

Twowheeledton,

Definitely helpful.

Thanks,

Dan.

Are you saying that. you can listen to music on your phone and listen also to a youtube video that is speaking to you? That would prove the ability to have two bluetooth devices connected at the same time. When I’m listening to music from my phone and start a youtube speaking vid, the speaking vid silences the music. I’d love to be able to listen to both at the same time and would like to know how you accomplished this, if this is what you’re saying.

Two at the same time only refers to being “connected” to two devices at once. So if I am watching a video on my iPad my HA’s are “connected” to my iPhone and the iPad via Bluetooth. If I get a call on my phone while watching the video, the call will interrupt (pause) the video and start ringing in my ears, I can answer and take the call and when I double tap my ear to end the call it will auto start the video on the Ipad, in the HA’s once again. I can also be watching a video on my iPad and if I am sent a video on my phone or even watch say an Instagram post that has audio, it will do the same. Pause the video on the iPad, play the audio from the phone and continue the video on iPad after.

Thank you–that makes perfect sense! I thought i was missing something.