Phonak Audeo M70 won’t stay connected to phone app

Ever since I bought these HA they won’t stay connected to my IPhone when I use the Phonak app. As soon as the phone screen goes off they disconnect from Bluetooth. I have repeatedly told the audiologist and she can’t figure out why. She even had someone from Phonak come to look at them. She didn’t know either. If I am in a noisy place the app shuts off and when I turn it back on it says disconnected. I have to reconnect it again. This makes it useless to me. Any ideas what is wrong?

1 Like

I’m not sure about your situation.
Something had happened when I was trying phonak naida paradise up aids at a hearing aid seller office. We had odd bluetooth connection problems . After some experiments and a phone conversation, the fitter updated the firmware of the hearing aids and this solved the issue.

1 Like

Do you mean the App disconnects?

If so, that’s normal, my M70 and P70 do the same.

Hi,
I don’t have an iPhone, but the App closing when the screen goes off is normal. It’s the low energy Bluetooth. If you’ve selected a custom programme, it should still stay connected.

1 Like

The audiologist said everything has been updated but the app keeps saying not connected.

Have you tried another iphone or android phone?

How can you use the app if it doesn’t stay connected?

Light up the screen and wait for it to connect again.

Should add, I don’t bother using the App Altho I played around with it when I first got Bluetooth hearing aids. My hearing aid settings, I’m very happy about.

1 Like

Same here now I’m self programming. I’m not even sure I’ll need my Roger On

This is a normal behavior of the MyPhonak app
Phonak done this by design, to save battery in the HA.

the phone screen goes off → the app disconnects from HA

If you switch phone on again → the app reconnects to the HA ( takes a moment )

What me puzzles is that even the audiologist and Phonak representants are not aware of this.

2 Likes

I’ve found people who works for Phonak seem unaware of what should be happening when ringing the support line with the audiologist.

My NHS Audiologist rang Phonak for support and they told them something completely wrong and in the end, the audiologist realised I was right and Phonak were very wrong.

3 Likes

That’s the problem it disconnects from the program. If I reconnect it I have to reset the program again. This just keeps happening every three minutes or so when the screen goes off. When I turn the phone back on it says not connected and I have to reconnect. The only time it stays on for awhile is if I use it with the tv connector + mic setting but even that will disconnect after about 15 min.

1 Like

I have tried it with my old iPhone 8 and the audiologist said maybe it was my phone. I bought a new iPhone 13 mini and it does the same thing.

You are saving the program aren’t you?

If yes then :arrow_down::arrow_down:

This was a common issue with Marvel and the App was improved for it to not happen but only from Paradise onwards.

1 Like

I shall test this. I have Paradise in MyPhonak in my new S23+, and Marvel in my older S21.

Just put a sound source near me (a fan), and ran MyPhonak on:
Marvel M70 & Samsung S21
Paradise P90 & Samsung S23+

I then selected “restaurant” moved the volume sliders right to the top, and noise reduction left to low. This made everything noisy, so I could norice the difference (I didn’t mind this as it took my mind off my Tinnitus).

On both phones, the display stayed active for around 10 minutes, dimmed briefly then off. After about another 4 minutes, the sound dropped to what I guess was the default restaurant program. On waking the screens a “Connection Lost” window was there. I reconnected both. This is what happened next.

Marvel M70
On reconnection, the aids were still in the restaurant setting, but the sliders were in their original position. The only button at the bottom is “Save as new”.

Paradise P90
On reconnection, the aids were still in the restaurant setting, but again the sliders were in their original position. The are however 2 buttons at the bottom, “Update” and “Save as New”. I then changed the sliders as above, pressed “Update”, then let the screen time out. After 15 minutes, I opened the display, and the Connection Lost window was there. The updated sliders were still there, so I suppose this is usable.

I suppose a Save as new in the Marvels could have a similar effect??

There’s no “Update” button, on the Automatic or other Target programs.

1 Like

Theres lots of talk on this forum that the create a custom program on the App for Marvel doesn’t save once screen turns off.

Phonak did an update to the App but only changed it so the customs programs can be saved with Paradise onwards. It still doesn’t work with Marvel.

Update for custom programs for Paradise only.

Like you, I rarely use the app. Another reason to get your original programs maximised at fitting

1 Like