MyPhonak app update

I’ve heard August 18 give or take a day
It won’t be version 5.0 rather just an incremental update (4.0.4) but it will have the new custom program storage system.

Al

2 Likes

woohooo that’s long overdue :slight_smile:

I hope for an update which will make it connect swiftly… Any inside info about that @bigaltavista ? :slight_smile:

No significant improvements to connection quality or phone compatibility bugs

I’ve heard a big redesign is planned for the next update in 2022, especially for Chinese phones like Huawei

They are aware of the negative feedback on app stores and via emails to apps@sonova.com and want to improve it but these things take time even for a company as big as phonak.

2 Likes

To clarify, this will bring improvements for Paradise, but not Marvel?

1 Like

Marvel does not have the capacity to have these new features
It will be compatible with the new version of the app though

Seems like the update to help with custom programs has come out?

4 Likes

I just tried it and it seems to work fine. Finally the darn app might be useful.

Was the update in the US? Did it just update when you tried to open or did it require fresh install? I’m still on 4.0.3. I use with KS9. I know I won’t get improvements with KS9, but I’m thinking app should update. As far as phone goes, it shouldn’t care what (or if) I have hearing aids.

I live in Europe and it was updated as any other app from iOS.

I updated it. But the app doesnt work for me. Once i get into the mode for adjusting frequencies using the three slider icon, it simply just exits!

The older version atleast allowed to make changes.

Had to forget the device and re-pair it. Now its working.

Ah, I should have mentioned Android too! :smile:

I just got the Android version from the play store

Hope you don’t mind @MDB, but I added the new video from @DrCliffAuD to your post. I thought it would be helpful for people just stumbling on your post.

1 Like

Thanks! I’d forgotten that I’d started this thread!

I updated app to 4.0.4.
I had to disconnect BT “R-Phonak hearing aid” otherwise I got error saving custom program.
How do you delete a custom program?

1 Like

Just had an autoupdate on Android 11 to ver 4.04 seems easier to use and easier to “play” with for custom settings.

Since I couldn’t find a way to delete a custom program which I created in MyPhonak 4.0.4, I went into Target 7.1.9 and was very surprised not to see the custom program listed.

This is worrying. Surely Target should be the main overriding program.

If my findings are correct, an audiologist won’t be able to detect what’s actually programmed in the hearing aids.

Funny, just created and then removed the programme by going to the app, My hearing aids, my programs, select program then click on the red delete button.

Thanks for that. It worked just fine.

However I still think an audiologist will find it frustrating that Target cannot see these programs which are created by MyPhonak and saved to the hearing aids.