Philips Hearlink 2 bugs

I got my hearing aides from Costco a few months ago. The hearing aids themselves work great. I installed the Hearlink app on my 11 year old 4G phone. It worked just fine. Hearlink 2 came out and I installed it on that phone. The new app would take forever to load (similar to another post on this forum) and would frequently crash. It got to the point where I would have to reboot my phone just to get the app to load. In their infinite wisdom, Philips dropped the old app immediately so I could not reload it. Yesterday, I picked up a brand new 5G Samsung and loaded the Hearlink 2 thinking that my problems would go away. Not so. The only thing I gained is that I do not have to re-boot my phone to load it. Additional problems that the hearing aids will not re-pair unless you do it using the charger and the app will lock up and not respond to button presses. The new app is more trouble than it is worth. I would love to have the option to load the old app.

I have the battery version of the Philips 9040 model hearing aids. I’m not having any problems with pairing my hearing aids to my Google Pixel 6a.

You might want to try this to see if it helps. I believe these are the instructions for Samsung products.

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap Battery and device care. Tap Battery, and then tap Background usage limits. The following settings will be available:

Never sleeping apps: You can add apps that will never turn off or sleep in the background so you’ll always be able to use them. You can add apps to the list by tapping the + sign, selecting your desired app(s), and then tapping Add. To remove apps, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Remove apps. Select the app(s) you want to delete, and then tap Remove.

1 Like