Parasite sounds on Phonak Audeo bluetooth

Please, share your streaming source, phone model?

I currently use an iPhone 7 and am upgrading to the iPhone 12

And older ones. After a lot of frustration hunting through my phone for solutions and through the hearing aid settings for solutions, I looked around online and there are a significant number of people on forums reporting that the S8 bluetooth has streaming sound quality problems. Not just for hearing aids, for any headset. Hard to know this sort of thing ahead of purchase, which is frustrating. I love my s8 in so many other ways, though.

Hi !
Little update on my problem.
After some mails with Phonak, they asked my audiologist do lower the low frequencies, with had not much effects than lower the quality of streaming and phone calls.
We tried to change the S speaker to an M speaker, and miracle ! No more parasites.
Then we pushed back up the low frequencies, and the parasites came back but really less than with the S speaker.
In fine, i think that there is a software protection system coded with the choice of the speaker on Target. This protection filter is more aggressive for the S speaker, because it could not handle so much power.
I think this filter has a coding issue, because these parasites doesn’t look like an overload, nor a protection clip.

Now i’ve got a new problem. I can hear the sound of the BT connection… A kind of “tigidigidi” at a very low level, but audible in the silence, even with my tinnitus… But that’s an other topic…

Hi !
One more update :
Not satisfied of Phonak’s answer, i went further in the description of the problem, as acoustics is my job…
I sent it to Phonak in December, but got no answer. So i leave it there in case of a Phonak engineer read this by chance. If a concurrent passes by, here is a reverse engineering as a gift :
I sent a swept sine via bluetooth and measured the response of the speaker. On an other side, i generated the same swept sine and undersampled it at 800 Hz. Instead of a anti-aliasing filter, i used a under estimated low-pass filter. I added a little resonance at 3000 Hz. The time/frequency representation speaks by herself… I don’t see any physical reason for this. The only explanation i see is a coding issue.

Hi
I am new to all this but have just had fitted Phonak Audeo P90 and think I may also have this problem. I would be interested in the sounds as mentioned in entry 3 of this thread (Oct 20) but cannot get the links to work. Are these wav files still available and was the issue ever resolved?
Regards

Hi,
I’m glad to share the same problem and not feeling alone !!!
Here are some new links for the two sounds :
Original : https://alann.freeboxos.fr:53435/share/Vt2gPMbFqRfUcrQ9/Original%20sweep.wav
Measured : https://alann.freeboxos.fr:53435/share/OqVQTSu2JTO7O6lx/Measured%20sweep.wav

Also, a perfect testing sound for me is Agnes Obel - September Song. I’d recommend to compare a listening through a hifi system, or a commercial headphone, and through BT on phonak HA.

I tried to contact Phonak on several entry, but still had no answer. Phonak remain deaf to my problem…:hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil: even if it’s probably a very simple fix. Even Chinese low cost BT devices don’t have this issue…

I hope an other brand could soon propose a HA with BT full compatibility with android, with hands-free call and streaming.

Hey @ht11. I’ve just had the M90s fitted and have what sounds like a very similar problem. It’s most noticeable when streaming dialogue through bluetooth - a low buzz/resonance that sounds like a robot echoing the dialogue.

I’ve listened to @alann.renault’s audio files and the “parasite” sound that he has recorded isn’t actually what I can hear. Mine is much more subtle, but not really bearable!

@ht11 I wondered what kind of issue you faced? Did you ever manage to resolve it?