Oticon Xceed distortion

It’s a separate program for listening to music,not just for streaming, check to see if the distortion is present still.

I don’t believe these aids have that feature. I do not believe these have the More technology.

well that’s a bummer, so no music program at all on the oticon xceed? That would be strange, the MyMusic is an updated version of the standard music program, so I would think they would have that at least.
I’ll need to check this out later with Genie.

Ok so I just set up a demo mode in Genie for your settings, so you do have a music program on the Xceed, set that up and then check for the distortion, if it is there, then it’s the loud input (80dB) level that you need to drop, for you most likely in the lower frequencies,but try all as well, I know you tried this in your other programs you had set up, but try this in the music program.

Just out of curiosity,do you have any feedback on the acoustics in you use?

Honestly if it were me, I’d start a new client and just to experiment a bit more on those lowest frequencies, which is where I think the distortion is.
Add your audiogram( the one in your picture not the in-situ fitting for now) …but don’t enter anything under 750Hz, then add only General ,DSE and music program.
Then check if the distortion is there, don’t do anything with the MPO, as this is not for speech or anything else, just the distortion issue.

Ok, I will try that out when I get home from work today. Also, the molds I got have like a little tunnel in them, I imagine this is a vent? This is the first time I’ve had that in my molds in my life. I am gonna try my old molds which do not have this vent? I put them on this morning and there’s significantly less feedback, as far as I can tell I haven’t had any feedback yet.

I ordered an icube II, I’m curious. Later this evening I’ll try what you said to do.

@jte

I hope getting the iCube II will help find out why your older Phonaks have no distortion.

So I have a question while I wait for the icube. So the 50db, 65db, 80db gain adjustments… if I select lets say under the 500hz frequency, those gain numbers represent the gains at each of those db numbers correct? It’s not a low/mid/high thing, right? Just thinking out loud

Not quite, it’s like this,if you choose 500Hz and under you are changing the gains in all, low,med,and high, but you can choose which one you want to lower by highlighting it using your mouse, the gain handles can be changed independent of each other, remember tho, if you make changes in one gain handle( say lower Hz) it will change in other higher frequencies.
You get a choice by how many dB you want to change from 1dB to 3dB at a time.
You don’t have to wait for the iCube ll to arrive to see what happens like this, just open target software and start a new client add you audiogram and make the required changes, you’ll see for yourself how one gain handle effects others.

I see how the gain affect each other. But I just want to make sure I’m understanding something. So on the oticon genie software the 50db gain is called low. Is low referring to low decibels? Or low frequency gain within the selected frequency?

Then the 80db gain is called loud, is loud referring to 80db being loud, or hi frequency within the selected frequency?

And there is a little +/- room before it alters the frequencies on either side.

Thats what I found on the Phonaks

Yes it’s low sounds, I’m not sure if in Oticon genie low is for 50dB and under, but this doesn’t matter much anyway.

So just remember that gain(volume) and frequencies are 2 different things.

So you can have both loud low frequencies AND loud high frequencies.

It’s loud sounds.

If you bring up the fine tuning graph you can clearly see the frequencies and the loud,med,low, you also have a choice of how many gain handles to select, for you just check the lowest.

I think you need to read up on the user manual for both target and Genie, as it’s all self explanatory in most cases ( the graph I mean)

https://www.phonakpro.com/com/en/support/other-support/target-fitting-software/dfg-target.html

https://tinyurl.com/kmfhfmt5

So is the low/med/loud gains additive then? If the sound is 80db are the 50db gains added to the 65db gain and 80db gain?

No that would be around 200 dB of gain then!

It shows that the MPO max gain on your right is 133 dB.

:slight_smile:

20 characters!

I was just making sure, when I add all the gains up some of them could be at or above the MPO, but I didn’t think it was additive. Just trying to get a handle on why they’d be distorting it all. I’m well below the MPO so not really sure how the distortion is occurring. I’m understanding the gains within each frequency, it’s as I thought but was starting to wonder if there was something maybe I didn’t see but I’m seeing it correctly. I’ll just keep playing with these and if it doesn’t work out I guess I’ll just cut my losses and go buy another pair of phonaks and see if I can’t duplicate what my old aids have. This was a fear of mine getting the oticons but the every Audi I have seen assured me they could not use the data from old phonaks for a new pair but I was clearly lied to and it was laziness on their part obviously.

You can export the settings from Target. I’ve done that but I’ve only ever then imported back into Target. That’s great that you’ll be able to import the setting into Genie.

Yes I see that I can export to another phonak device. This would have made my life easier, I don’t know why no one would do that for me. I’d think it would be an easier sell. I’m just confused, annoyed, frustrated. I have seen so many Audis and I have to break up with them all. At this point I have to self advocate because they certainly aren’t any help. I really am at a loss for words here. The oticon wont even all me to simulate settings comparable to the phonaks, I tried last night and within the formulas, using a comfort setting I cannot even get close to what phonak calls calm. The MPO’s and gains won’t work. I think I should just go back to Costco and get the Brio 5’s and import those settings from my old Nadia’s.

Since Costco refused to do it for me, as well as any other Audi

@jte

I know it means spending more money but you could self program the Brio 5 as well as they are unlocked.

It is sad that no one has agreed to transfer settings as it seems really silly because it would actually mean less work for them.

I know our hearing loss is different but I also tried the Oticon Xceed and couldn’t get on with them.