Oticon Users: How Do You Like The ON App?

@SpudGunner. Thanks for the compliment, not sure I deserved it but hearing loss is debilitating and it’s great that this forum exists to help us learn from each other how to cope better - although at my age I think I am forgetting faster than I am learning!

3 Likes

My right hearing aid always uses up the battery faster, I know my right ear needs more of a power push for one, and everything I have read seems to point to the fact that the right hearing aid is always the master hearing aid when it comes to communications, with bluetooth and even the communications between the hearing aids. Also if you monitor the connection of the ON app to the hearing aids I have noticed that it is always the right aid that connects first then the left. That is also true when watching the connection to the TV connect the right one will always connect before the left aid.

1 Like

@SpudGunner. Thanks for the compliment, not sure I deserved it.”

… umm - I think you did, @jim_lewis: I envy your understanding of the technical details of these little “ear roaches”! :joy:

My answer about Oticon On App - I use it ONLY for OpenSound Booster switching on/off :rofl:

I think for the OPN S or the More, you no longer have a Mute option to program on your hard buttons on your hearing aids. That would be another reason (beside the OpenSound Booster) to resort to the ON app.

1 Like

There isn’t a mute on any of the rechargeable aids from Oticon, to my knowledge. And with the native app on the iPhone you also can’t mute the aids. Only with the ON app or the connect clip can you mute the aids

I started school I believe in 1954, so about the same time as your mother

1 Like

Zebras mother was “born” in the 1950’s.

1 Like

:confused:I’ve caught my More3s reconnecting with the ON app several times a day, over each of the past few days.

This puzzles me, since I keep my iPhone on my person at all rimes, so ot should never be out of range.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It happens to me also, and when I connect my aids to the TV adapter my app loses connection and sometimes can’t reconnect without me disabling and reenabling the Bluetooth on my iPhone

I hear you, Chuck, except that I don’t have any devices like that. I used my ConnectClip today when I went into town. As soon as I got home, I disconnected the Clip and made sure the More3s were properly connected directly to my iPhone. :white_check_mark:

However, the sneaky app, or devices, or both, have shown “Disconnected” and have had to reconnect 3x since then … and not knowing why is bugging me!

I would guess that if the ON app stays connected to the hearing aids all the times, it would be a battery drain on both the smart phone and the hearing aids. So they probably designed it to connect only when necessary/woken up.

For people with rechargeable hearing aids, it may not be a big deal to them. But for people on disposable Zinc Air batteries, it may be too much of a drain for them if always connected.

After all, the ON app connects to the hearing aids via the standard Bluetooth which is not as energy efficient as the proprietary low energy Bluetooth used by the MFI.

2 Likes

@Volusiano: Thank you. I understand now!:white_check_mark::+1:t2:

I have had my HAs since July 15, 2019. I used ON initially fairly frequently but I can’t remember the last time I used it now (although that may be fall-out from the quarantine). I mentioned to my audio early on that the battery readings didn’t make sense and he said in his opinion the app isn’t reliable at all.

I have found the app useful for my needs, as for as the battery readings they aren’t working correctly for disposable batteries but do work well for rechargeable batteries

So, all you iPhone users are having disconnect problems w/the ON App.
Oticon says the OPN/More series are “Made for iPhone”
My $300.00 android Never disconnects from the On app!
I also always have the icon in the notification area, where I can change programs, volume, or mute. Long tap brings up the full app.
I’m sorry mac peeps, I just had to gloat!

2 Likes

My app is connected most of the time it will drop at times. But not only is my app connected to my aids but als to my Apple Watch. It seems the only time mine drops is when I am connecting my aids to the TV adapter. And only when my aids are below 70% degrees of the battery life left. But the app reconnects most of the time quickly