Oticon TV Adapter Stopped Working

I have used my Oticon TV Adapter 3.0 for a couple years now and love it. However, I changed my AV Receiver for a Denon S750H and now I cannot seem to get the Adapter to work. I have tried connecting the Adapter to both the Toslink and the RCA connection on the Panasonic TH-50PZ85U TV but no sound to my OP1 hearing aids. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue. If so, is there a fix? Thank you.

I guess the first trouble shooting question is whether you still have the old receiver that used to work with the TV Adapter before, and if yes, have you tried to put it back into the loop to see if the TV Adapter still work with it like before? If yes, then it must be a setup issue with the new hardwares.

1 Like

I had a power adapter for my TV Adapter 3 fail - the hint was the LEDs didn’t work.

Do the LEDs on the Adapter light as expected? (power led glowing red if powered on but no streaming). If not, try a different power adapter (like the one from a ConnectClip). Or if your new receiver or TV has a USB port that provides power, you might try that to see if the LEDs act appropriately.

You could try holding the reset button for more than 5 seconds when the adapter is powered. That should reset things and you should have “fading” blue LEDs. Pair the aids again and the LEDs should go solid blue.

@donwhite How are you connecting TV Adapter with Denon?.From the specs the only option is Headphone jack with 1/4 inch adapter.From my understanding Here is the how connection looks Panasonic to Denon via toslink and 3.5 mm audio cable from Denon to TV Adapter.

@Sam2k21 is correct, for some reason ($$) the new breed of AVR’s do not support toslink or analog audio out.
I also found this out the hard way.
Problem with headphone jack is, no one else will hear audio, and you lose the surround sound, and subwoofer!
It sucks that The component makers have gone this route.

His connections were to the TV. You would need to determine if the output to the receiver (perhaps HDMI) AND the optical/analog outputs of the TV operate in parallel with the output to the receiver. Receivers with optical out are very rare these days as Sam said.

Thank you Flash and Sam. I’m pretty sure you hit the nail on the head. So, I guess I’ll start shopping for a higher end AVR while I can still return the Denon to Costco. That’s like my surprise when I bought a new TV a few years back and found that it didn’t have a tuner. I guess you don’t need one if you are using satellite, but I was using it in an RV with no satellite. Those cheapskates.

How do I determine this Vince. Y’all are a wealth of knowledge.

@donwhite You are in luck!
The model you have is Bluetooth Re-transmit for Bluetooth headphones enabled.
What you’ll need for your streamer is a S.M.S.L B1 HiFi Stereo Audio Bluetooth CSR 4.2 Receiver DAC with NFC Black
You’ll be good to go.

I want to apologize for seeming like I just dropped away from this conversation. I have been ordering and trying different remedies for my problem and not having much luck yet. I have another device that will be delivered Monday and I will let you know if that works. I really do appreciate y’alls expertise.

1 Like