Oticon Streamer Pro Issues

Ken-thanks so much. That did it. I just moved it from on top of the cable box to another shelf and the noise is gone. Really appreciate your help.

I currently have a Streamer pro 1.1 The older streamer worked much better. I had the pro for two years and this is my 2nd one. I am experiencing the sound fading in and out. Mostly the sound fades away and come back after the person completed the sentence. I notice if I turn it upside down and hold the two cords at a tilt, I can get a good conversation. Meaning when I am at the store, work or any where I am walking with a device around my neck upside down trying to hold a conversation Its really aggravating. I am wondering if I need to upgrade to pro 1.3 maybe it will give me better service. or if you have any experience or trouble shoot tips I can using before purchasing another one. I am so glad I found this forum. Any advice would be a help.

Your neckloop cable has probably worn out and needs to be replaced. It functions as the antenna between the Streamer Pro and the hearing aids.

Also make sure the connections are clean. Also for me it depended on if I was using the long cable or the shorter one. The shorter one works better. But yes it could be a bad cable, or dirty connections. I also have issues if my battery is getting low.

Thank you, I will keep that in mind about the battery. I work 8 hours streamer is good for I believe 5 hours. I will try this tomorrow, after 5 hours place it on the charger. Also, The shorter cable work best for me as well. The Audiologist switch my cable last week. I canā€™t say if it was new or used. Its possible I was giving another defective one. I will look into a new cable, Can you give me a tip how to clean the cable connection?

I use a small q-tip isopropyl alcohol, be careful and not let it be to wet our you can destroy the streamer. I normally just wipe down the cable ends then plug it in and out a few times while the ends of the cable connections are still slightly damp

OK I cleaned the streamer and I am charging it up. Will see how it works tomorrow. Thank you for helping me troubleshoot my issue.

Can you share with me the difference between the 1.1 vs 1.4? I was wondering if its worth purchasing streamer 1.4 model?

Thank you all for the advice you shared to help troubleshoot my streamer. It worked. I cleaned it and after 5 hours recharged it and surely I am not having anymore problems with it. Now I am ready to go back to listening to podcast on my new iPhone 6 plus. I hope it works well with me. Thank you all again. There is hope after all.

Again, thank you.

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows how I can find out if I can use my Samsung GalaxyS5 charger for the Streamer?

Any charger with a cable that fits will work. The caveat is possible overcharging. Expensive devices should have charge limiting built in but there are devices like the Motorola charger thatvsn limit charging at the charger. But, using your USB connection is not horrendous. It takes a bit of effort over time to damage the battery.

Comments and Questions-regarding charging, I got the Oticon charging station (I think it is $12-15) and it works fine. Much easier than finding the right side up of the cord each time.

I am still getting a white noise when using the streamer-sometimes quite a bit, sometimes almost non existent. Ken had suggested moving the transmitter which I did and that resolved it as long as I was within a few feet of the transmitter-thus, my joy was short lived. I have now moved the transmitter so it is line of sight to the streamer but still get the white noise in the background. I have turned off my Sennheiser RF headphone transmitter and moved it around quite a bit. Any suggestions?

Also, anyone know how to mute the streamer? Instructions say to push the up and down volume buttons at the same time-that does not work. Checked with audi who did not know and she called Oticon-they said to just hold either the up or down buttons for a second or two. That does not work. Anyone figured this one out?

Lastly, I have the single domes and I hear a bunch better when I put my fingers in my ears which would seem to indicate that I could benefit from ear molds. Audi says it will not make anything clearer. I think she might not want to do the work. Comments?

Thank you.

Sam, you arenā€™t showing your loss in the signature. Hard to respond. But, you can try the double domes.

All of the Oticon Streamers are line of site and have a range of about 30 feet, however they seem to work the best in my experience from about 20 feet or closer, after that you start getting a degraded signal which sounds like white noise. Try plugging into the bottom of the Streamer with the patch cord and also plug into whatever your trying to listen to and see if you still get the white noise, if you do, the problem might lie in the Streamer itself. If the signal comes in clear you consider getting the Oticon TV adapter, it might work better than pairing it to your Sennheiser transmitter.

The Streamer Pro can not be muted. The one second push of the volume buttons only mute the HAā€™s and it will only mute the latest versions of Oticon HAā€™s, so if you have an older pair that might be your problem.

Tell your audi you want to try earmolds with an adjustable vent, since your the one paying they shouldnā€™t care. You could also try the double domes as Ken suggested and see if that works better.

Thanks for the reply about the charger Kent, and I had forgotten about the base station Sam.

In reply to comments on my earlier posts, I am using the Oticon TV adaptor. The reference to the Sennheiser headphones was as a possible source of the white noise bleeding over or something. I did try the double closed power domes today but it was too much of my own voice to tolerate so went back to the single vented molds. Also, is there a way to change the volume of one of the hearing aids without changing both without a visit to the audi? After leaving the audi office, the left hearing aid went louder about six hours later.

BTW - she mentioned that the white noise was unusual and may be a bad telecoil in the streamer or that it is losing amps or something. Make sense to anyone? Probably replace it. Thanks.

If the double closed power domes didnā€™t work Iā€™d try the custom molds with an adjustable vent. In order for one HA to be louder than the other one you will have to go back to the audi to have it changed.
Another possibility for the white noise could be a bad neck loop.

I finally figured out how to post my test results. No idea what these mean.

Have you seen an ENT? Your word rec score in your left ear being 40%, should of raised a red flag if you just saw and audiologist, I would go to an ENT if you havenā€™t yet.

Yes, was so referred and had an MRI. No other issues it appears. Thanks.