Oticon Streamer Pro Issues

I am currently testing the Oticon Alta with Streamer Pro. I see on my iPhone that version 1.0 of the streamer firmware is 1.0. Does anyone know if that is still the current version of the software?

According to their website the version is 1.1.

Seb, thanks for that! Where did you find it on the website? I was looking all over oticonusa.com last night without success.

Go to Oticon.com, then USA, then click on professionals and it was under the Connectline heading.

Anybody know what changed with the new 1.1 f/w?

John

Not sure itā€™s very helpful, but check out this attachmentā€¦

I got an Oticon Streamer Pro 1.1 last week. I got it to replace my original Streamer 1.4. I mainly use my Streamer to listen to Audio from my IPhone.

Changes from Streamer to Streamer Pro:
The ā€œneckā€ cable is different and plugs into the Streamer. I still do not use the cable, I find that I get worse reception when I have it plugged in.
The button layout is different. I did like having the music button on the front of the streamer, I am sure I will get used to the side button.
The Streamer Pro turns off! Well, kinda turns off. If you turn it off you can still use it to go up/down in volume or change a program. You canā€™t stream or take a call.
The Streamer Pro default when pairing is no A2DP. This is important if you want your music/audio to pause when you stop streaming. After a back and forth with Oticon and my audiologist I got it enabled. Note if you need to get this enabled you need to have you Audi plug the streamer in via USB to their computer and then set the bottom setting on the left column. It says something about Music. It doesnā€™t mention A2DP but that is what it is.
On the Streamer Pro even with A2DP I have to enable audio streaming twice to start streaming after ā€œturning the streamer onā€
On the Original Streamer when you held down the volume button for two seconds it muted outside sound when streaming. This works on the Streamer Pro but you have to do it every time you stream. The old streamer remembered you turned it off and would do it right.
I like the new shape and size of the Streamer Pro but since there is no lock the volume buttons are always active. This means when it is my pocket I sometimes hit the button and change the volume level.

I donā€™t use the Streamer old or new for Phone calls, but if anyone has any questions I will try and answer the best I can.

Hi all,
Iā€™m new to the site but am happy to have found a forum where I might be able to get answers to some of my questions about the Streamer Pro 1.1 I just got last week. Iā€™m using it with Alta Pros which are set up to allow separate volume control. Iā€™ve been using the Streamer with the Oticon Remote Microphone as well as my Galaxy S4 phone for calls and music streaming, and its been great (although Iā€™m disappointed that thereā€™s no stereo capability). I do, however, have some issues and would appreciate any help I can get.
(1) when connected to the mic or phone, I can only adjust the volume from the streamer - not from the aids. This prevents me from adjusting the aids to different levels, which is not good for me. Is this normal behavior?
(2) when connected to the streamer, I canā€™t seem to use alternative programs correctly. For example, when streaming music, Iā€™d like to use the music program, but I canā€™t seem to do it. I hear some tones but the program doesnā€™t seem to change.
(3) finally, Iā€™m unable to use the streamer with my laptop. It pairs fine, I get the icon and all, but the driver installation fails and it get the message that the laptop canā€™t find a driver for it. Iā€™m using an HP laptop running Windows 7Pro 64 bit.

My provider contacted Oticon with my questions, but the replies were not very helpful. They want me to send it back so they can examine it.

Any help anyone can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks

Dear all, Never used this site before, looks really good. I have bought a new phone, Samsung Android (Galaxy Grand). The pairing with the Oticon Streamer 1.4 worked well. Phone calls functioning the way they did on my previous device. However, I cannot seem to get it to work for audio, and, worse for me, to Skype. Would anybody know? sorry this is probably a very basic question for this site, but I couldnā€™t find an answer in the manuals either.

Anne Marie

I donā€™t have Oticon aids, but I think my comments would be true for all aids. The programs are set up for your aidsā€™ microphones. Streaming from a device is like another program, so you canā€™t apply your current music program settings to your device streaming settings. You can however, get your pro to adjust the streamer settings, just as they would for any other program.

You should be able to adjust the volume when streaming from 1) the streaming device, like the phone, or 2) from your remote. If you have volume control on the aids it is probably just for the aidsā€™ mics.

When you say it doesnā€™t work for audio, do you mean you are trying to stream music from the phone, and you donā€™t hear anything? Make sure your streamer and phone are connected. They may connect automatically most of the time, but there may be times when they donā€™t connect. Iā€™m not talking about pairing. Pairing should generally only have to be done once. Connecting would happen between paired devices when they get in range, or when a connection is requested from one device (like from your phone).

Ann Marie - If you say the phone calls are working, I assume that means youā€™re getting audio for them. As far as the audio for music, press play on your phone and then make sure to press the button at the bottom of the streamer (below the volume controls). You may have to press it more than once. Thatā€™s how I make the connection the music player on my Galaxy S4.

Hi there, you need to click on both call and media audio from the bluetooth Settings, Once youā€™ve ticked the boxes you wonā€™t need to do it again, this is how Iā€™ve got the streamer working on my galaxy S4.

Don - youā€™re correct on all counts. I have an appt. with the audiologist next week to explore options for customizing the streamer. Thanks for the help.

I recently picked up the Oticon Phone 2 adaptor for my landline phone. It works well, and the distance is amazingly good, but Iā€™m finding that Iā€™m needing to re-pair it to the Streamer Pro almost daily. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I yes, have you been able to fix it? How?

Thanks.

Iā€™ve misdiagnosed the issue Iā€™ve been having. The problem is that I canā€™t connect to more than 2 Bluetooth devices concurrently (excluding the microphone). Since Iā€™m always using my smartphone and laptop, they connect as soon as I flip the streamer on. The phone adapter, which is further away in another room, is then unable to connect. If I turn either the smartphone or the laptop off, the phone adapter will connect, BUT ā€¦ unless its one of the first 2 devices to connect after the streamer is turned on, I need to re-pair to it (this looks to be a separate but related issue). Any third device will not connect unless I disconnect one of the other two.

Iā€™ve cleared all the pairings and re-paired to all devices but that had no effect. I donā€™t see anything in the product literature that indicates any limitation to the number of devices that it can pair to concurrently (although Iā€™m sure there is one).

Has anyone run into this? Itā€™s really frustrating!

Thanks,
Jeff

I was fitted with Alta Pros today and the Streamer Pro 1.1 doesnt pair with my iPhone 4S. My phone shows that it is connected but I get no audio via Bluetooth. When pairing the blinking blue light on the Streamer Pro goes solid for about 5 secs and then turns green again. No amount of configuring, resetting, deleting and reinstalling, etc. got it to work.

My audiologist is sending my Streamer Pro back to Oticon as defective and I will try a replacement in 3 weeks.

Well, hereā€™s the thing. Pairing between two devices should only have to be done one time. Pairing means the two devices shake hands and from now on they know each other. Connecting and disconnecting can happen over and over, depending on which devices are in range.

After the devices are paired, something needs to happen to cause them to connect when they get in range. It may be automatic, but sometimes you might have to do something. On the phone you should be able to see all the paired devices and select one to connect to. If that device is in range and isnā€™t already connected to another device or devices, it should connect.

I have better luck when pairing if I turn off all other bluetooth capable devices, so the two I want to pair are not already connected to something else. So if I were going to pair a couple of devices, letā€™s call them A, B, and C, and I wanted to pair B and C to A, I would pair A to B, then power off B, then power on C and pair A to C.

I deleted all devices from my iPhones bluetooth menu then paired the Streamer Pro to my iPhone. It stayed connected (blue light) for about 5 seconds then disconnected (green light). When the light on the Streamer Pro switched from blue back to green my phone still said ā€œconnected.ā€

Even during the 5 secs when the light was blue I was unable to stream audio to my aids.

The Streamer Pro was around my neck the entire time and the iPhone was less than 12" away from the Streamer Pro at all times.

In the past I had no problems pairing and connecting my Phonak Compilot and/or Resound Clip+ to my iPhone.

palmfish,

I have the Oticon Streamer 1.2 and 1.4 models and have never had much success keeping anything made by Apple paired and have to rely on the patch cord that came with the Streamers to get a link that stays connected to the Apple products. I donā€™t know if itā€™s an Oticon problem or an Apple problem, but one of them does seem to have a problem.