Oticon Streamer Pro Issues

Your streamer has to be paired to your aids. If this has not been done then you will not be able to hear it or maybe the volume is not set high enough.

below the volume buttons is the aux-in button.
press that to begin the streaming function.
I did that the first day and it worked.
then I got an app for my smart phone which works better for me, it even can silence the ambient sound and only enhance the blue tooth stream.
I am using the Nero2 IIC

Do you know how to do that or does the audiologist have to do it? Thanks for your reply.

Below the volume buttons on what? The aids or the streamer? I only have a volume button on the aids and I don’t see any button below the volume button on the streamer.

On the streamer below the volume buttons is another button. It is at aux bottom, it will connect the music from your phone. Or you can us the app to make the connections.

The audi has to do it.

Hi all, hope someone can help. Here is my situation.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5
Streamer Pro 1.3 (I think the firmware was updated at some point).

All was working well, until one day when I was listening to a podcast a couple of weeks ago, the sound suddenly cut out.
The Call Audio still works fine (i.e. I can hear and make calls). But not any Media Audio (I have tried various apps, not just the podcast).
When I turn on an app that should be streaming sound, the hearing aids beep as they should when they connect, and there’s a sort of low hum/blanking out of background noise. So it feels like it has connected, and is trying to stream the audio.
But no actual audio content gets through.
I have tried: pairing and unpairing; fiddling with the ‘Aux’ button (under the volume) - i.e. long push, and short push; turning the phone and streamer off and on; unpairing, restarting everything, and pairing again.

Any suggestions? I really miss my podcasts… :frowning:

Hi I am also having the same issues mainly with my Iphone SE which is on the list of compatibles, it constantly drops out during convos and then reconnects and drops out again ? and again etc

Altnapaste
Hi yes I agree the new version is not upto the mark I have a issues with the streamer dropping out when using my Iphone SE during convos it constantly drops out back to phone speaker and then reconnect to my hearing aids this is constant during phone convos ?
they have supplied a second unit but this wont connect to my hearing Aids ?

This has been covered in a few other threads, but I will repeat a solution that worked for me:
Streamer Pro 1.3 had been dropping calls from iPhone 5s and iPhone 7 ever since moving beyond iOS 9.2. I have more than one Streamer, same results. I had both updated to latest firmware (3.5.3) and latest iOS 10.2 on iPhone 7.

1. Delete all pairings from iPhone Bluetooth settings.
  2. Delete all parings from Streamer Pro by holding ‘volume up’ and ‘power’ simultaneously for 3 seconds.

Now re-pair Streamer Pro by outting it in pair mode and then re-pairing from iPhone 7. This has eliminated the call drops for me.

Hi, folks. Seems like there are quite a few issues with the Oticon streamers. I have one that I can’t find mentioned here. I am in the process of having fitted a pair of Oticon Alta2 Pro, and have the Streamer Pro 1.3 hooked up. I do not have the drooping-call issue, but I have much lower volume on the left side. It is there, but it’s low and noisy compared to the right side. HA or streamer related? Tried both wired and Bluetooth from different sources with the same result.

1 Like

Oticon know full well there is a problem with Iphone SE, 6 and have to date done nothing about it.
The apple software is not compatible with Streamer 1.3 it realy is as simple as that.
I have had technical chats with Oticon on this in Glasgow and they dont seem that bothered TBH.

I went through all of that after some serious convos with Oticon in Glasgow, IT still drop out in call and with the house phone and with the TV
Quite frankly Oticon and or Apple dont seem interested.

Maybe Oticon will get more interested if you ask for your money back. Another option is get an attorney and see if they become interested. Good luck!

I had some of the same issues, and for me it turned out to be my IPhone causing the drop outs. If I disabled the bluetooth on my IPhone 5S then I did not have issues with my TV connect or my home phone dropping, while using my streamer pro.

I upgraded my IPhone 5S to the newer IPhone 7 plus and I am not having the issues that I was having with my streamer pro. My connection stays connected, and when I am using the TV connect or I am talking on the Home phone using the streamer my IPhone no longer breaks the connection. I am a much happier camper now.

Hi, did you ever find a solution for this? I am just now having this exact same issue, I got my streamer pro 1.3 a few days ago and everything was fine. Then just like you describe the audio on music,etc no longer comes through. Phone calls are fine, etc. When I press the aux button it still turns the music on/off. But the sound no longer comes through.

Hi, did you manage to get your problem resolved? I have recently had my right hearing aid get very low in volume and I get what I can only explain as, crackling or white noise. I have spoken to Oticon and my audiologist and have been advised that I need to send the steamer in for repair?

Thanks
Mark

I’ve had the crackling issue when trying to play music. Doesn’t happen all the time. I turn Bluetooth off and on and make it reconnect, and that usually fixes it.

I’ve resolved the crackling noise I mentioned above that I was hearing sometimes when trying to play music.

I was pressing the Aux button for too long to try to make it connect. It’s (by default) a short press to connect to the phone, long press to connect to hearing loop. There’s no hearing loop most places, so all I heard was humming and static.