Oticon Streamer has a poor battery life.How to solve it?

I’ve been using Streamer for almost one year, and found this question. It has a very poor battery life to make phone calls by cell phone or phone adapter with Bluetooth on. So I have to charge it every day, or even half of a day.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a good way to solve it?
By the way, Streamer has been updated to version 1.4, but the problem is still existing.

Thanks a million!

First, make sure that streamer and paired device isnt too separeted. when i took mobile phone in my room overnight and streamer in another it drained whole phone battery because it was all night reconecting, connecting.
If it under warranty, rma it.

Here are some info on streamer and battery…

A new fully charged battery supports up to 5 hours of streaming time (phone conversation and/or audio) and up to 70 hours without streaming.

Recommendation:
To prolong the life of the Streamer’s lithium-ion battery, charge it on a daily basis, and never drain it completely. For more information about the battery, please look at the answer to “Battery – How long can I expect the battery to last?”

Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use, though you may expect it to last for approximately 2 years.

The lithium-ion battery in the Streamer provides 500-800 charge cycles. A charge cycle means using all of the battery’s power, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a single charge. For instance, you can use the Streamer for a few hours one day, using half its power, and then recharge it fully. If you do the same thing the next day, it would count as one charge cycle, not two, so it may take several days to complete a cycle. Each time a charge cycle is completed; it diminishes battery capacity slightly and as with other rechargeable batteries, the battery may eventually need to be replaced.

Recommendation:
To prolong the life of the Streamer’s lithium-ion battery, charge it on a daily basis, and never drain it completely.
!«»!

My experience with the streamer is that it slowly losses its performance level. As time goes by keeping it charged will not be that big of a deal, keeping it paired becomes a challenge. This is just my personal experience in using one for 3 years. Totally replaced it twice, been in for repair (?) three times I believe. Does not stay continually paired with anything at this time, 2 weeks after being sent to Oticon to see if anything is wrong.

Streamer suck in that way. Not many things are compatible, and lot of disconecting, unpairing, reseting…

thank you very much. I find the info in OTICON , and know this battery is 450 mAh, 3.7V. seb give me suggesion that the option is to plug in the Streamer while we are using streamer.

I have no problem with the streamer, in addition to poor power.
The version of your streamer is 1.4? Perhaps some of the problems be resolved in version 1.4
I find "two Streamers can be connected to one set of hearing instruments, for more user benefits"in product information. Maybe I can buy another streamer as a backup. Do you think so?

You can buy another streamer, you can ask for battery replacement if fresh charged streamer can not stand 5 h of streaming music via bt or you can buy this and plug it in when you lost power. you can use it while its plugged in this battery. This is small, lightweight. Duracell have bigger one too…

I keep a charger at my desk and a charger in my car. I charge both my phone and streamer at night also. I got up this morning and my phone and streamer were fully charger but was no longer paired so I paired them to make a call. With my streamer around my neck, during the call my phone shows “weak bluetooth signal” and looses it. It does that constantly during the day making it impossible to make a call knowing you will be able to finish the conversation.

Soonerman,
Have you tried resetting the Streamer and re paring it to the cell phone? I had a similar problem but once I did this the problem went away. Every morning I make sure the blue light is flashing before I turn the phone on, if I turn on the phone 1st then the push the blue button a lot of times it won’t connect.

Razno,
Thanks for the info on the usb chargers, I never thought to go that route.

thanks for your good idea.

Hello,
did anybody know, how can i change the battery by myself and open the case of the streamer without destroy it? Thanks a a lot for pictures.
I hope to change the poor battery with a better one with more capacitivy from a electronic store.
regards

FB_Addon_TelNo{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; background-color: #0ff0ff;}

I remember there was some pict…
It took some time, but i found it…

There you go…

Whole thread

(Just scroll down for pictures)

Thanks for the link. I opened the case with some small scratches.

The battery size is 56,6 x 21,5 x 4 mm with two cable connector

regards
FB_Addon_TelNo{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; background-color: #0ff0ff;}

Now that you have opened it, have you found a longer lasting and more powerful replacement?

Soonerman,
The way lithium ion batteries are made I don’t think you can get a more powerful battery in that size.

Hi, someone has tried duracell invention?. and someone knows where to buy a battery for the streamer?
thank you very much

I use a Ryobi TEK4 portable power source as a backup power supply for my Streamer, it is available though Home Depot’s website and is no longer carried in the store. With it I can recharge the Streamer in less than an hour while still using it and if the red light comes on the Streamer I just put the PPS in my shirt pocket and go about my business. The lithium battery in the PPS will lasts up to 21 days between charges as a cell phone back up, I don’t know how long it lasts for Streamer back up since I recharge it every 2 weeks wether it needs it or not.

thank seb, good and practic idea.

So if it goes dead in 8 hours that’s 450/8 = 56 mA. If this is not normal current draw (ask the manufacturer) then there is a battery problem.

Does this help?

Talking on the phone 5 hours
Listening wirelessly to TV or music 5 hours
Listening to music / audio on wired input 6 hours
Stand-by with Connect on 70 hours
Connect off 2 years