Oticon Real

While not yet on the US website, Oticon released a short video on its new product:

Admin edit: Real was launched in the USA today (Feb 23). Here’s all the details:

9 Likes

Thanks for posting this.

1 Like

Thank you. Watch til the end. There are two more about Wind and Sudden Sound video.

I pick up my More 1 aids today in the US. Real has not yet been released here and I double I will be missing much by getting More instead of Real.

I watched all three videos. With the two videos that demonstrated the new features of the Real, I noted that they used a mild to moderate hearing loss for the testing data. Of course they want to make the data look as good as possible, however I wonder how the data would look with a greater hearing loss than mild to moderate?

2 Likes

I have the More1 aids, I have a severe hearing loss, for me to get a wow experience with any hearing aids other than my More1 aids will be a miracle. But seeing I get my aids from the VA my audiologist has hinted at that my More1 aids my become my backup aids. I have to always have available to me my primary and backup aids, my backup’s now are the OPNS1 rechargeable aids and they just aren’t cutting it for my speech understanding. They are okay for streaming and general use, but I can’t understand much when in noisy environments or in meetings or lectures. The new aids seem to be the More aids with the couple of extra features. But I am going to request disposable batteries if at all possible.

5 Likes

more MORE MORE REAL!! (poking fun at their naming things)

1 Like

Have you had a bad experience with Oticon rechargeables?

My More1 aids had to have the batteries replaced after only 15 months of use, and due to the VA contract the aids had to be returned to Oticon for the batteries to be replaced that took almost a month before I got them back and they weren’t updated nor did they have my correct fittings, my audiologist was out due to training and being part of the contract update group. Also, I do a lot of streaming audiobooks and TV in the winter months. And the Battery life isn’t great when I stream a lot. Now without streaming I don’t have any issues. But like I told my audiologist and the Oticon rep for the VA if I can’t use my aids fully then I am not getting fully use of them.

1 Like

@cvkemp: It’s pretty hard ro argue with this statement, Chuck! Impossible, in fact …:basketball: slam dunk!

2 Likes

I just picked mine up today. Now you’ve got me paranoid that I should have bought the disposable battery version. I would hope mine last longer than 15 months.

Your batteries should be part of the 3 year warranty so you should not have to be paranoid. Even if they last the whole warranty period, I would make sure to have them replaced just before your warranty expires to make sure you have good brand new batteries for another 3 years. Same with the aids, too.

2 Likes

@prodigyplace: Yes, Bruce I agree that (IMO) you should’ve bought the Mores with disposable batteries. What I don’t understand is that all of the relevant information indicating the problems that have been experienced by a number of Forum members with More’s rechargeable batteries has been available on the site for a long time, and you seem to be very active in reading things on the Forum. How did you miss it ?

Also, I remember bringing up to you at the time that you said that you had ordered the rechargeable Mores that I would have changed the order, were I in your shoes. Did you try: what was the penalty for changing the order? Is it too late to do anything about it now? Because if you don’t, your HAs will only last you as long as you can keep them in replacement batteries, post warranty.

I have a lot of questions about your *post purchase remorse", and am more than a little empathetic. But I’m sure about one thing: my next Mores (and they will be Mores) or their equivalent - will not be rechargeable.

1 Like

You can listen to @SpudGunner , and @cvkemp , all you want, but I’ll Never go back to disposables!
Do not panic, as the esteemed Dr. @Volusiano said, the warranty is 3 years.
If rechargeable HA’s are so bad, why is every mfg offering them as 1st choice?
Admittedly, The Spudster had a horrible experience during a medical crisis, but the chances of that happening are probably pretty slim.
You, being a bonafide Prodigy, should soldier on, and be confident you made the right decision!
I can’t tell you how happy I am each morning to put on my fully charged official Oticon More Hearing Aids!
Join the 80% of Rechargeable users and SAVE OUR PLANET!!!

5 Likes

@flashb1024 , @prodigyplace: Yes → I should have added in my post that many are perfectly happy with rechargeable, and would never go back. But I’m not one of them. I have my reasons, *which are valid in my case *. Your case may be different.

But I wouldn’t say that the chances of your having trouble with your rechargeables are “slim”.

3 Likes

I’ve got an appointment with my audi on the 28th to discuss the state of the HA market and what would be a good option for my next aids later this year. I’ve had P-90Rs since 2020 and had OPN1s before that, and Starkey something’s before that, and so on.

I really liked the sound of the OPNs but had horrible moisture issues with them and didn’t have Bluetooth.

If the switch to rechargeable fixes the moisture issues and ASHA (and LE Audio…any day now…) fixed the Bluetooth issue, it seems like the Reals will be my best bet.

I’m hoping my audi has info on them!

1 Like

The only reason I don’t want the rechargeable aids next time is that I don’t want to be needing to remove my aids and spend anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours to charge them during the day when I should be wearing them. And the crap of sending them to the company repair shop just for battery replacement.

Do you have any clinical evidence to support your assumption, sir?
Oh, shi$t, we’re doing it again!!
Another disposable vs rechargeable thingy, indeed.
Cease and desist at once!!

If you are in the USA more than likely your audiologist will not have a lot of information before sometime next month

Yeah, you mentioned that in another post.
The VA is really putting us in a pickle with their policies regarding sending Oticons back to N.J. for batteries, as well as the inability for their IT dept. to keep the software current, and allow patients to have up to date changes made.