Oticon Real with Auracast coming?

I’m about to order my first hearing aids. HCP recommends Oticon Real 1, which sounds fine to me. But before I pull the trigger, I wanted to check to see if Oticon is about to come out with a significant improvement on the Real 1s (such as Auracast, like the ReSound has). Should I wait, or just go ahead and get the Real 1s?

3 Likes

You might want to check out this link that talks about a new Oticon release to be announced this Feb 2024 to see if you may want to wait and see just for a little bit more time or not.

3 Likes

I’m keeping an eye on this 2/27 announcement as well because I’m tired of coming in at the tail end of HA tech and then having to fall behind the curve for a few years. I recently got Real 1s but they weren’t much of a step up over the OPN S1s they replaced, so if it’s a substantive change I plan on making the switch. If the announcement is for tweaks to lower level models, then I’ll stick with the Real 1s. I’m satisfied with them.

A new instrument has been announced it is The Oticon Intent, details should come soon

1 Like

I don’t like the name, intent -short for intentionally?

1 Like

Guys, where did you read about this upcoming new version?

It is confirmed. it was announced, it seems detail would emerge tomorrow, my estimation it will have to be substantially better than Real. Why Real ONLY had such a short time, it is unclear.

For it to be a success, it will have to be substantially better

if the patents where to be believed, it will have some sensor whereby it detects movement of the
head and adjust directionality accordingly (my guess) that’s why intent = intentionally? . would this be
the key feature, as a refiment of their new Beamforming strategy …

I have a hard time, they can get away with minor update this time.

Sounds as Oticon Impotent :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I think Real was not really new model - it was More S with different name.

True, like most of the manufacturer’s doing now, trying hard to stand out in the crowd by claiming to reinvent the wheel.

During February, we will start the roll-out of new families of premium hearing aids in our Oticon, Bernafon and Philips brands. This includes our flagship hearing aid, Oticon Intent™, which is based on the new Sirius™ platform and is a further advancement of our unique BrainHearing™ philosophy. Oticon Intent™ is the first hearing aid to introduce 4D Sensor technology, enabling the hearing aid to interpret the user’s listening intentions and further improve speech understanding in noisy environments. In addition, Oticon Intent™ features our new, second-generation Deep Neural Network (DNN) and supports Bluetooth LE Audio, which will be the future of low-energy connectivity. The new hearing aids will be available in four price points in a rechargeable miniRITE style and will be launched in Q1 2024.

5 Likes

It looks like Resound are getting in on the act today as well:

1 Like

I don’t wanna pollute this thread but as long as they wont deliver the same connection/futures quality as they do for iPhone, this BLE worth shit.
Me using Android, what a mess…

1 Like

Bluetooth LE Audio and Auracast sources are still too few. what if this is a dead-end branch of development? we still need to observe.

I love the fact that Resound Nexia package also include Customs!

1 Like

If you leave LE Audio out of it, the only thing iPhone gives you over Android (ASHA) is hands-free calling. There’s also better integration into the OS.

When LE Audio becomes a more mature technology on your phone, you should get more stability, better sound, interoperability with any streamers, computers, and assistive devices that support the standard AND hands-free calls, There’s also a hearing aid service that adds hooks for integrating into the system in a similar way that mfi aids do with ios.

When Auracast starts getting traction, you’ll have cinemas, public announcements, churches, and police riot squads (joking) streaming direct to your aids. Counters in public hospitals, government departments, airports will stream direct to your aids.

I don’t see a problem. But you’re right. There’s an Auracast thread and a LE Audio thread for arguing this stuff.

The more hearing aids with LE Audio, the more incentive for other operators within the potential eco-system to lift their game. I think it’s great news.

1 Like

yes, great news, no doubt.
what I wanted to say is that Android delivers both audio and ALL notifications into your ears.
The only one who can differentiate it and separate it is Phonak.

Bluetooth LE Audio won’t help in that case.

Well for me the Real aids was a large improvement as for as speech in noise. But not much better in all other environments