Oticon Real 1 Phone and Steaming Issues with Android

I picked up my articon real one hearing aids the other day and I’ve been a long time wearer of the open s1 which worked perfectly with a connect clip both on phone calls and streaming including when connected to my work laptop. I had immediate issues with the new hearing aids and that they would pair to the phone fine but when trying to use them on a phone call I would only get audio in one ear or the other but never both. So I unpaired them and repaired them again and the same issue happens. When I’m watching a video for example on YouTube it’s very broken up and here again it’s typically only on one side… I figured I would take a break and use my connect clip with them and again they paired fine to the connect clip but now I have the exact same issues. So the check things out I repaired my open series and they work absolutely fine on phone calls or streaming of any type with the exact same connect clip unit. Anybody have any great words of wisdom as to what is going on?

1 Like

Check out this thread for issues using 1.4.x firmware causing connection problems with using the ConnectClip. Some people have to send their Oticon aids back to the factory to revert back to 1.3.0 firmware to get it to work better with the ConnectClip.

If you’re trying to get your new Real 1 to work directly with the Android phone via the ASHA interface, then I’m not so sure what the issue is, but perhaps do a search on this forum to see if you can find people in the same boat or not. I’ve heard some More or Real owners able to get their ASHA connection working OK with certain Android phones but not other Android phones. I think it’s because Android phones’ implementation of ASHA may not be mature enough for all the kinks to be worked out.

2 Likes

Good Morning…I did see that topic but as the REAL 1s I received are firmware 1.0, as the connect clip is 3 years old and works perfectly with my OPNS1 aids and whereas is happens even directly with a phone connection and no Connect Clip while trying to stream I am at a loss. My Audi who has always seemed well versed of course proclaims they have never heard of the issue. They are useless for anything related to work until I can somehow get this sorted out unfortunately.

Are your issues only with your android phone?
Can you stream from a PC/Tablet to your Reals from the CClip successfully?

What phone are you using?
Is it running android 13? 12 was very buggy w/Bluetooth.
Forget your HAs in your phones Bluetooth connections
Go to Settings>System>Reset Options>Reset Wi-Fi,mobile & Bluetooth.
Restart your phone, and repair your aids (you’ll also have to restart your Wi-Fi, and check your cellular.)
See how that works.

Next step is call Oticon support.

1 Like

UPDATE: The new Real 1’s ( 312 battery version) have gone back to Oticon for replacement. They were never in synch with one another when trying to use Bluetooth or using the CC with phone or computer, rarely ever had any audio from both simultaneously. I did observe that the right aid was really consuming battery. The eft arid would be at 90 and the right would very quickly drop to 40 and this would happen within a half our of swapping to new batteries so my assumption is that the aids weren’t communicating with one another properly. What I wish I had tried, but didn’t think to do so, would have been to tried the left aid with the right one off to see if it were working properly.

1 Like