Oticon Optim (UK)

Hi i just picked up my new CROS aid for my left ear and got the Oticon optim for my right ear. Just wondering what model of oticon hearing aid this is based on and if it is a new model or old?

It’s got LE Bluetooth.

It might be a replacement for the Oticon Engage?

Optim wasn’t on the Genie software but I just checked and it’s on there. It must be newer tech to the Engage.

1 Like

@zebras thank you wondering if it is the equivlent of something like the more or zircon models

This is a picture of what they have given me today so far loving how much more clarity there is in comprassion to my old Phonak cros aids. They let me keep my old cros aids in case anything was to go wrong with the oticon cros aids

1 Like

Hadn’t realised that the Oticon CROS was only a RIC and not a BTE.

1 Like

@zebras i knew the oticon cros would probably be a ric but i didn’t have any clue about the right ear and if it would be a ric or a bte

Update: Getting on really well so far nearly a week after getting the new cros aid’s my only thing is i feel like the Cros is sitting to high up on my left ear they gave me receiver size 1 wire what are the other lengths ? I keep knocking the aid when i do my hair and am worried about damaging the receiver. Picture below of where it sits

Sorry but really need to know if the position of my hearing aid is right for the receiver length as i feel like I’m knocking it every time I’m doing my hair or something and don’t want to break the receiver. Also I know nothing about what the other wire lengths are.

@LRav

It actually looks too short I think!

@Um_bongo should know more about receiver lengths.

1 Like

It looks too high up to me as well. It feels like my HAs sit further back on my ears. Can you push it further back? It looks like you have some extra length as the wire sticks out.

But, look how low on my ear the wire wraps around. I guess then they may be really be high on your head. Try adjusting the position of the wire first.

1 Like

Yeah, might want to be a fraction longer (2), and definitely sitting farther back.

3 Likes

Thanks very much for the answers i thought as much the right hearing aid sits much lower than the cros aid on my left ear when i get my follow up appointment. I’ll get them to change that over for a slightly longer length receiver

1 Like

@LRav

How’re you finding your new CROS set up?
Still liking them?

Do these have Bluetooth to work with your iPhone / iPad?

@zebras They are working really well much better than my old Phonak cros aids. The Optim has Bluetooth that connects to my phone and has the speech boost feature on the app that i can turn on in noisy situations which is fantastic. Only thing is the wire on the cros is a little short so need that changed for a bit longer wire.So far so good should hopefully be getting a follow up appointment soon so will be able to sort the wire issue then

1 Like

@LRav

Great, I’m pleased they are working well. I hope you manage to get an appointment soon.

I’ve just downloaded the Companion App and my Oticon Xceed have the Speech Boost Setting as well.

2 Likes

I also received a pair of Oticon Optim hearing aids as a replacement to Oticon Engage hearing aids quite recently .

I reckon they are based on the OPN S platform as they have firmware 8.0 on them?

Speech booster and streaming EQ are new features as well as ability to pair with certain Android phones which is new rather than just MFi iPhones. Seem to be a step up in quality. Quite pleased with them so far.

1 Like

My NHS Oticon Xceed 1 UP have the firmware 8 as well but I believe I can only connect to iPhone / iPad. I don’t have android to check.

I’m glad you’re finding the Optim a set up from the Engage HAs.

I was wrong. According to this link, my Xceed will work with some Android phones as well.

Maybe it supports Android devices for streaming but for hands free calling you still need an iPhone.

@P_L

Do your Optim support hands free calling?

I don’t think I can answer a call by touching the button on the hearing aid, but I can answer on the iPhone and it uses the microphones on the hearing aids rather than on the iPhone.

That’s clever. I’ll tag @LRav as she may not know.

Hearing aids compatibility guide | Oticon I made a mistake Connect Clip required for the Optim model. Which I think is the same as OPN S. Think it uses the phone microphone. Sorry. I put my phone in sock drawer and the call went muffled.

1 Like