Oticon ON App not updating HearingFitness usage data

Yeah April is pretty old news now. I thought you had read a recent post with new information.

1 Like

September 20, 2021 Well, I lost 4 hours of usage data yesterday: the ON app connection must have failed again.

The source of my annoyance is this: how can such a bare bones, do nothing app be so unstable?

[I rely in this data to keep track of how my new batteries (3rd set in 5 1/2 months) are doing, as well as to monitor which programs are the most useful to me. This monitoring doesn’t work when the connection is unreliable.]

Interesting but my usage was correct, it was slow to update for a while yesterday

Thanks for the comeback, Chuck. I have no idea why my experience always seems to be different than yours. Perhaps it’s a problem with my internet connection? I have fiber op, so I don’t think I should be having connectivity problems.

1 Like

Did you spend time away from your WiFi network

Yes, when I went to vote. Doh! How do I stay connected when I go to town, then, Chuck?

Make sure that the ON app is set to use cellular data, and that the app is always in use in the background. So background data must be enabled.

1 Like

Those were already turned on, Chuck!

1 Like

Then you should not be losing that amount of time

Yes, I agree. It throws everything off.

Simply, because it is giving you Less rather than More for your $$.
I run the ON App on android and have the same issues with the HearingFitness usage.

You are NOT alone in this!

3 Likes

Perhaps Oticon should just rename the app -“IF” …

1 Like

Here is what I believe is happening:
The ON app corrects data from the aids then the app has to send that data to a website where it is placed in a database and calculations are done done to come up with the times of use. Then that information is sent back to the app for display. I am also guessing that there is a number of the websites around the world that talk to each other and share the data. if the website that your app is connected to is down due to needed maintenance then the data isn’t updated. Now I have seen my data get updated a few days later as the website manages to catch up after being down.
This is just my guess due experience with the Internet and servers.

We’ll see, Chuck (@cvkemp) . I’m sure your insights into the way these things work have merit in explaining the whys and wherefores of the app’s spotty performance (spotty - judging from my perspective as a layperson who uses it). We’ll see whether your explanation pans out in a couple of days. So far, the four hours of data that I lost yesterday have not resurfaced … bit I’m hoping you’re right, and that they will.

Have you tried rebooting the phone? That some times did it for me

Yes, Chuck, I’ve tried all that - but I’ll try it again, just so I can give you a definitive answer.

1 Like

Thanks to an earlier thread from 2019, and the invaluable contribution of @Volusiano, I am happy to share where Data Logging takes place.
It’s in the instruments, and transmitted to the ON App directly.
No mention of external websites is mentioned, that I can find, and all data is stored in the instuments.

Unfortunately @cvkemp and other iPeople don’t have access to Genie 2, where, as you can see in V’s screencaps, all the info is stored in the Data Logging screen.
Here ya go

Here we go again! Haven’t been able to keep my More1s connected to the app consistently for 2 days now. It’s more frustrating than it is important. This is just FYI

1 Like

Jim I believe they are getting ready to release an update to the app, I personally have stopped using it. The new firmware update for the More aids is due out this next Thursday or Friday. So I expect they will be releasing an updated version of the app or at least I hope so.

@cvkemp: I hope so, too Chuck! Thanks for sharing this information!

1 Like