Oticon More next generation?

Sounds like something from Sherlock Holmes.

1 Like

or Oticon LessIsMore. Or at least name this for their Tier 3 model so people who go for the Tier 3 feel good about the value proposition.

3 Likes

@Volusiano: Have you heard about the new waterproof More:

… it’s the genuine Oticon brand
:trident: Sub-More-iner.:trident:

3 Likes

Haha, not just waterproof, but sounds like waterproof at great depth, too! :man_rowing_boat:

2 Likes

This topic is plumbing the depths.

I have been using Oticon opn 1’s since late 2017. Always had problems with them with sweat. At least twice a year I would have to turn them in to my audiologist for a new pair. Thank God for the warranty. Now my warranty was up last summer so I started looking for a new aid that is better waterproof to wear in the summers and rain. I went the Costco rechargeable route. For the money and return policy was a win win. They just made me realize how much I loved my Oticon’s. So I returned them.

Now that summer is coming, I started my search again. I went to a new audiologist with an open mind. Never really thought my old audiologist listened to me. Just get me in and out fast. So far I am loving my new guy. Very thorough. She told me she heard from her Oticon sales rep that an announcement about the new Mores will be made in February. She suggested that I trail the Phonak Audeo Lumity because of the waterproof they claim. If I don’t like them, she will let me turn them in for the Mores. Hopefully we will know more about the new version by then.

So I am getting the Phonaks next week. Will keep an open mind. I wasn’t too happy about the K10’s I tried from Costco. Battery life was bad due to I have an iPhone and their Bluetooth was not made for it like Oticon’s.

Been reading all the info and banter on this forum and felt left out so I had to jump in with my story. Lol

Seriously though, anyone tried the two aids and can give me a little insight on battery life? If I go the More route, I probably will get the rechargeables due today better water resistant. Even though I really want the disposable battery model.
Thanks

I believe the Philips Hearlink 9030 is made by the same manufacturer as the Oticon.

From my research the Oticon has much better battery runtime, likely because it uses Bluetooth LE instead of the more power hungry classic Bluetooth used by Phonak. I recently chose Oticon More 1.

@prodigyplace: Congratulations! … for choosing superior engineering and quality of manufacture .

Grandma SpudGunner, were she still alive, would have said “You’ll never regret choosing the very best that money can buy genuine Oticon®️brand.”

I did a bit of research on the Philips Hearlink 9030 from Costco. Although a Demant product, I do not think it is as advanced as the Miore.

@prodigyplace: There are already excellent threads on this subject. Search for @Abarsanti

1 Like

@tmetcalf89 → I’ve heard from many users of Oticon OPN on this forum (and my personal experience included) about the moisture issue with the OPN mic, requirement warranty replacement.

Although the More has the same IP rating of 68 IIRC (anybody, correct me if I’m wrong here), I haven’t heard much about moisture issues with the More from users of this forum. I don’t know why.

1 Like

@Volusiano: My $.02 contribution - my More1s have encountered MUCH blowing powder snow since February of 2021. I’ve had no moisture problems, even though my only dryer is a desiccant jar.

I think you have rechargeable aids. What is your routine?

I have a current theory with my current aids the using a dryer with UV shortens the life of the receivers. I find the plastic wire covering tournament yellow and cracks after about 2 years.

Is drying needed with modern aids? Lately, since it is low humidity inside anyway, I have not used any dryer. Chargers for some brands claim to dry the aids using heat generated by the charger power supply.

@prodigyplace: My genuine Oticon®️ brand SmartCharger has already gone weird, and is being replaced (sez my audiologist). It uses residual heat to dry the aids. I’m as lazy as a 15 year old coon hound laying in the shade - I rarely sweat.

But I used to work in the chemical division of a major oil company - Special Projects - one of which was the development of vinyl siding. I would never ever expose my HAs to any additional source of UV radiation.

I only use my desiccant jar if I’ve been caught out in the rain.

1 Like

I was unsure what charger comes with the aids. I have seen an open desktop charger that looked pretty open. I assumed any that dry would enclose the aids.

I have had a search around and came across a post on LinkedIn that is two weeks old. Oticon are introducing the world’s first family of hearing aids with a new, groundbreaking feature to prevent noise from wind and handling.

These are built on their BrainHearing technology.

I have contacted Oticon Marketing to ask if these will be a direct replacement for the More range so if or when I receive a response, I will update this post.

1 Like

Fantastic news if Oticon have solved the wind problem!!

@prodigyplace: Look up the genuine Oticon ®️ brand SmartCharger

1 Like

Thanks. It was (likely purposely) unclear to me which charger comes with the aids.

@prodigyplace: I’m sorry, Bruce, I can’t tell you which charger is standard issue, Stateside (or here in Canada, for that matter.)

1 Like