Oticon More Bluetooth problems

You have to remember that hearing aids have to work on very limited voltage and wattage. A normal hearing aid battery is only 1.4 volts. The power out put of the hearing aids when it come to Bluetooth is very low. I haven’t researched the voltage or wattage of rechargeable batteries for hearing aids so I don’t if they are maybe a little stronger but I don’t believe they would be.

Thanks for your quick reply and advice.
I do have a Note 20 Ultra and after posting here both sides stopped working and even momentarily froze up the phone so I unpaired them and put in a call to my audiologist. My issues have grown worse over time and for the last few weeks, the Bluetooth almost never works. I do think Oticon and my audiologist need to figure this out. Other than that the Oticon Mores are a huge improvement for me. I can separate speech from background noise and extend less effort in doing so. Again, thanks for taking the time to help me out and happy holidays.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
I actually have a Connect Clip I got for free with my previous HAs. I charged it up, paired the Mores, and then the phone. The Bluetooth volume level is a lot higher. One of the advantages of these hearing aids is that I no longer have an issue hearing the dialog while watching TV other than whispers. I typically wear my HAs about 16 hours a day and stream calls for a few hours while working with battery to spare. I hope using the Connect clip doesn’t shorten my battery life. I do think there is an issue with the HAs as the Bluetooth connectivity has gotten dramatically worse over time. My phone has momentarily hung up while streaming when both lose connectivity at the same time. That issue just appeared in the last week.

Thanks again for reaching out and happy holidays.

1 Like

@SteveB, sorry ASHA isn’t working for you.
I just got a Pixel, and ASHA’s been flawless, but I’ve reverted to my ConnectClip simply because I love hands free 2 way phone calls, and the ability to pick up calls without having to lug my phone around.
Another plus of clip is the remote control functionality.
Too bad Oticon didn’t adapt bluetooth classic, like Phonak, but the Clip is a very versatile device as @Volusiano pointed out.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Could you please explain what you mean by ASHS as it pertains to Bluetooth?

Thank you!

@SteveB "Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids "

Here’s a link

https://source.android.com/devices/bluetooth/asha

The following is sort of a hypothetical guess from me based on my BT issues/experiences, so take with a grain of salt, but the issue seemed to stem from moving out of connection range, and then back into range. It feels like there are some faults in reestablishing the pairing. Do you frequently leave your phone in a room, then move around a lot (different rooms or floors)? For me, when I noticed that one ear wasn’t paired anymore (generally after I try to begin streaming something), restarting my phone did the trick; of course, when you find out because someone calls you and you’re only getting one ear, it’s a bit hard to restart your phone at that moment with someone on the line. Either way, I feel your pain.

I’ve been having a weird bluetooth issue with two ios devices: a new iPad and an iPhone both on ios15. They both have the Oticon App and when they are in close proximity to each other, they turn off my aids and then turn them back on again at random. I assume they are switching ownership of the bluetooth channel. Sometimes I will have the left turn off and sometimes the right. I hear the chimes on one aid as it turns off and then a little while later, it will turn back on and the other aid will turn off. Crazy! Only started when I got a new iPad and foolishly put the Oticon app on it thinking I could stream from it as well. I created a nightmare!

That happens to most of us, I have the IPhone and iPad but I can’t pair and have both Bluetooth enabled. There are conflicts, that can’t seem to be over come. So I no longer have my aids paired to my iPad.

I wouldn’t mind the switching if it didn’t chime and turn off my aids one at a time while switched it over. I am not aware of any other Bluetooth device that has to turn off and on prior to connecting. Oticon has some work to do.

As I am writing this it is switching over and playing my screen taps back to me but only about half the time. It appears to be thoroughly confused. I think I will disconnect from the iPad for now.

Yes and I have had mine go spastic changing volume levels of my aids, also being connected and doing the volume thing eats away at the Battery life badly. To me it isn’t worth the hassle to even pair my aids to both my iPhone and ipad. I have the connect clip and it is paired to.my iPad and only powered on when needed

Received this useful reply from Oticon customer support on this issue:
Thanks for getting in touch!

The issues you describe can be quite common when pairing your hearing aids to two devices.

Hearing aids can easily get overwhelmed with multiple connections and therefor start to act a little ‘weird’ and also experience connectivity issues with the app.

There are a few possible solutions to allow for pairing with your iPad:

1. Switch off the Bluetooth on the devices not in use.

2. If you still want to do so and cannot connect the second device, try to switch the order in which you do the pairing:

1. delete the pairing to your first device
  2. pair to the second device
  3. try again
  1. Disable the settings in the MFI menus for your iPhone and iPad.

Let me know if this works!

Best regards,

Tishi

Oticon

2 Likes

Done all of the above. It helps but not fully.

Solution at last!

I hope this helps some of you as I have been very frustrated with the Bluetooth on my Oticon More 1s.
My Samsung Note 20 Ultra was just updated to Android 12. I was able to pair the hearing aids inside the Accessibility settings like on an iPhone without the Oticon app installed. Huge difference and no more audio on one side only.

1 Like

How did you get the Android 12, my wife’s Samsung Note 20 5g is still on Android 11 and I checked for updates and it says the phone is up to date

Who is your carrier? Im with Verizon and I know T-Mobiles hasn’t pushed it out yet.
Please feel free to reach out me at scbardfield@gmail.com if I can be of assistance.

We use Consumer Cellular they are totally independent and don’t restrict us. They piggy back off what ever carriers are the best in the area. But mostly AT&T, or I believe T mobile. We get better signal strength using CC than my friends that use any of the top carriers in the area. I haven’t seen any dead spots since switching and use to get dead spots with AT&T. My neighbor switched from TMoble and no longer get dead spots too.

https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-galaxy-note-20-android-12-update-unlocked/

1 Like

I am so use to getting the latest updates for my iPhone on the release date.