Oticon More Battery Life with heavy streaming

FWIW: I regularly wear my More1s for 17-18 hours a day, with 2 1/2-3 hours of streaming in that. That usage usually leaves me with a 22-27% charge.

I have never heard the warning tone yet.

2 Likes

These are the screenshots of a longish day that included about 3.5 hours of streaming … FYI

1 Like

I just streamed for 10.5 hours and one hour of normal use. Oticon Mores (brand new) have 33% left. So i figure it will stream continuously for slightly more than the 16 hours Oticon promises.

A typical day for me with perhaps 2.5-3 hrs streaming (More1s).

Since we expect that rechargeable batteries will lose their capacity over time, my rule of thumb would be - if they can cover up my realistic daily needs with having 40-50% left by the end of the day now when they’re new, then it’s safe shopping. With 30% or less I would not be happy, because my usage now probably won’t be the same when I start working, or change something else in my lifestyle. And 2-3 years along the road I definitely don’t want to be anxious about charging. Plus, unlike with mobile phone which works when it’s charging, HAs don’t.

So, your lifestyle is a big factor - how much you’re outside, how critical is that your aids work non stop and so on. Also, S and P receivers eat differently. More noise vs quiet environment eats differently.
I went classic battery route with my aids, phonak, because regular BT streaming there eats like 10% of rechargeable battery :shock: plus I just resent charging things - when HAs will be able to hold their charge for a week or more, I’ll reconsider.

However, it’s hard to make realistic/worst case of usage unless you’re measuring systematically.
Or you can do a stress test, like they do with testing phones and such - put continous streaming and see how many hours they work. Then do without any streaming, ideally put in some noisy place. Measure how long until the battery is empty. Then extrapolate.

Did all kinds of stress test while I was still working, I am retired and all of that is behind me. I am up normally anywhere between 6 and 8am, and in bed anywhere from 10 to midnight. I read and stream audiobooks, and the TV, any where from 3 to 6 hours a day, and that doesn’t count any phone calls. I am not having any issues now, get a hearing test each six months, and my Audiologist checks, cleans and does what needs to be done to the aids. I assume that would include changing the batteries, for he has said the batteries can be changed at the clinic without sending them to the repair depot.

1 Like

These are yesterday’s screen shots, and are the norm. When end of day charge hits 10%, then my audi will be asked to replace the batteries in situ, on warranty.

[If one is working long, unpredictable hours in some demanding line of work like espionage, where it would be impractical to give the HAs a 1/2 hour top-up charge (25%), rechargeable devices might not be the best option.]

(Sorry, but I couldn’t think of a line of work off hand in which you couldn’t swing a top up with the charger and a power brick.)

I have a friend that is an investigator, he has a charger in his vehicle and 2 sets of hearing aids. Like he said it isn’t uncommon to be on the go for as much as 3 or 4 days with little to no sleep. He is a Veteran and the VA provides him with 2 sets of aids due to his job. His hearing loss was also due to his military service. He left the service due to feeling he couldn’t do his military job fully and wouldn’t except as he said a desk job.

Okay, Chuck, remind me never to be dishonest with you! LOL.

1 Like