Oticon More 1 problem going dead

I’ve had my More1 for two months. Twice now the left HA just dies. I’ve changed the wax guard, looked for tube obstruction, and put right aid in left ear, which i could hear. I was going to go to audiologist the next day but after an all night charge it started working. But it just happened again. Could it be not fully charging? Any suggestions.

1 Like

You should elaborate some more. Did it just die in the middle of the day while you were wearing it? Or did it just die right out of the gate (well, the charger) first thing in the morning?

Do you monitor the battery levels during the day on and off? Do the two battery levels from the 2 aids always closely match? Did you get any low battery warning before it died?

1 Like

Middle of the day both ha read at 57%

1 Like

@mceach8: These intermittent problems can be impossible to diagnose, and they ruin my confidence, in the bargain. I’d put the problem into your audiologist’s hands without delay.

2 Likes

Each time after it died, did you try to turn it off and turn it back on again? Basically doing a reset?

Or did you just put it back into the charger and wait a while (maybe fifteen minutes or half an hour) and take it out and try it again?

Turned it off and back on several times. Will place in charger when i go to bed and see what happens in the AM

OK, I don’t see anything obvious that may be user error. And since it only happens to the left aid and randomly, I guess it’s time to just get a replacement under warranty.

Even if it only happened twice but has been rock solid ever since, it’d still be worthwhile to arrange for a replacement since you don’t want to get caught with it dead the third time.

@Volusiano: Exactly, MrV, … Exactly!

@mceach8: You might find some of my posts from the summer of '21 informative. I had failures of both my rechargeable batteries and my tabletop charger . It took Oticon a while to decide to replace them. That, and my ex-audiologist’s front dest staff botched what should have been an easy battery replacement procedure.

@mceach8 , even though you replaced the wax guards it’s still possible that the problem is earwax rather than a defective HA. Try replacing the domes as well as the wax guards. If you don’t have replacement domes on hand, try removing the dome and cleaning out the little hole at the top of the dome with a straightened paper clip.

It’s also possible that earwax has gotten stuck below the wax guard. In that case your audi would have to vacuum it out.

Have your audi check your ears for accumulated earwax. If you find that earwax buildup is a recurring problem for you, you could buy a Jodi-vac HA vacuum and vacuum out your HAs by yourself occasionally.

Thx for the help. It started working again today after retrieving it from charger. We’ll see how long it stays on

I would tend to agree that the most plausible cause would be ear wax related. Like you said, it may not be just the wax guard but it’s possible that the wax has gotten pass the wax guard into the opening.

I can’t remember how many times before when I wore CIC type HAs and I thought they just died on me so I brought it in to Costco requesting replacement, and 9 out of 10 times, it was wax related and worked again after a thorough wax exam and cleaning.

1 Like

why it is always happening in the left aid.
i have oticon more 1, and my left side wont fully charge, the led always orange light meanwhile the right side work just fine

What about your charger? While it could be just a bad hearing aid it could be the charger. I had a smart charger go bad so i know it is possible.

i have tried to swap it. I put the left side hearing aid on the right side charger and vice versa. the right one always work fine. only the left side doesnt work well.

1 Like