Oticon more 1 miniRITE R with ear moulds

I’ve had ear moulds for about 2 months. The receiver is off set (pointed at the inside of the mould rather than at the ear canal). I’m unable to change the wax guard’s because I can’t get the horse shoe shaped device for Oticon’s on the wax guard. I wouldn’t be able to reach it with stick type either. Are my ear moulds made correctly? Any thoughts appreciated!

Do you have really small ear canals? I wear custom ear molds and my receivers are molded into the custom ear molds. I don’t have any issues with changing the wax guards. Are you sure you can’t remove the receivers from the molds?

My audiologist said I have “really big ear canals” :smiley:. I can’t remove the receiver as it’s to tight.

Interesting I am still wondering if your receivers can be removed from your ear molds. My receiver is fitted perfectly for me to replace the wax guards. Excuse the dirty ear mold.

1 Like

Tried to add a picture

1 Like

Never seen ear molds done that way! I would be getting with your audiologist if I was you. What size receivers do you have, mine are 105db receivers.

This a better picture. The tool for the Oticon wax guard if horse shoe shaped the the wax guard on the ends.

I really believe that your receivers are removable from your mold. And you have the smaller wax guards than I do. Those little wax guards are a real pain to replace.

I believe mine are 105’s as well

I’ve tried tugging on the wire but they don’t move and don’t want to break the wire

They sure don’t fit in your molds correctly my molds are sealed completely around my receivers. The only openings are to replace the wax guards and to replace the receiver wire. Can you tell if the receiver wire is detachable from the receiver.

I don’t know what to look for. They appear to plug in.

Here’s a picture of the back

It really looks like your wire is perfectly attached to the receiver but I can’t tell for sure. It looks like your receiver can be removed. But it may have been so tight that the ear mold was carved to make it fit. Like I said I have never seen the end by the ear drum done that way

The wire is attached well to the back. The receiver fits tight.

You need to get with your audiologist.

Yes unfortunately. $20 copay every time I go :expressionless:. Guess I’ll have to bite the bullet. Thank you for your help, it’s much appreciated!!

2 Likes

Are both moulds the same? I think the offending one was not assembled correctly and the provider should clean up the situation gratis. We, the buyers, tend to be a bit delicate whereas the provider will likely use more force, Is the open space around the ‘receiver’ normal? Looks like a place to catch all manner of hard to clean debris.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with you my audiologist would have never even allowed me to have an ear mold that looked like that.

1 Like