Oticon More 1 Connection Problems

I have been having issues with blue tooth connection from day 1. I have a samsung s20+.

The Oticon app connects to my hearing aids and I am able to adjust volume, program, etc through the phone app. But for some reason the phone has a hard time connecting to the hearing aids when in blue tooth settings. So basically i can’t use my hearing aid for phone calls, music streaming, etc.

Can someone recommend another hearing aid that has more reliable Bluetooth capabilities for Android?

A few questions to think about, 1 are your aids at the latest firmware version, 1.1.1, or close to that. Is the phone at the newest updates. 3 and this is can be important have the aids been paired since the latest updates of either the phone or the aids.
That is my general troubleshooting steps. I personally have the More1 aids with the iPhone and not having any issues. But my wife has the Samsung Note 20 and my aids work okay with it when I needed to use it.

Yes all up to date.

1 Like

Any yes I have also read that Android phones and most hearing aids is hit and miss. The Phonak aids use classic Bluetooth, many really like them but some also complain about issues. I have to be honest, there is so many variables with connectivity with hearing aids, Bluetooth. I have been wearing aids for about 18 years and soon a lot of connectivity changes and issues. To be honest I left behind my liking of Android phones in 2014 and went to iPhone because I loved the Oticon aids and the Oticon sound so much. I haven’t regretted the change.

I ndon’t have samsung, but per Oticon these are compatiblephones:
Here

I suggest forgetting the More’s, in Settings >Bluetooth.
Go to settings >Accessibility>Hearing aids, and pair them.
You should be able to go to the Oticon On app, and re-pair them there.

I just bought the Google Pixel 5A 5G, and it works like a charm!

I don’t see hearing aid option under accessibility?

This is what you’d go to on an iPhone … I don’t know what the equivalent is for your Pixie.

I think i figured it out. I needed to be away from my wireless router and wifi turned off. Now it works.

Nevermind still not working. Probably need to switch to Phonak p90 paradise

It’s under Hearing Enhancements on Samsung phones:

Here

From Google’s Android accessibility instructions:

1. Open your device’s Settings app
  2. Tap Connected devices Pair new device .
  3. Choose your hearing aid from the list of available devices.
  • If you have more than one hearing aid: Wait for the first hearing aid to connect, then tap the other hearing aid in the list of available devices.
  1. To change the settings, next to the name of the hearing aid, tap Settings.

Have no idea if this will work. Oticon’s online instructions for Android don’t explain too much. What I was able to find was lots of marketing text and very little real help. If you do a Google search, you should find a video they have produced that me be of help.

Also found, “Oticon More is compatible with the new Android accessibility protocol, Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids (ASHA) allowing high-quality, one-way direct streaming from Android devices with Android 10 or later and Bluetooth 5.0.” Check the specs of your phone. This may be the issue.