Oticon Mini Rite more 2

Just got my new Oticon more 2 hearing aid 3 days ago.

Overall first few days have been good. Thanks to this great forum I was ready for some of the side effects of the first few days.

As I’m working from home, I’ve been using headphones a lot, mostly to keep my noise from the rest of the family. I find that using headphones over the HA is not ideal.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in creating a setup that works well with a home computer, specifically a macbook pro.

Thanks!

I use the connect clip connected to my MacBook for streaming, if a noisy environment is a problem try using noise canceling headphones for removing the noise or mute your hearing aids microphones and you still can stream to the aids like headphones

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been following you for a while and you really helped my in my decision :pray: I’ll have a look at the connect clip.

1 Like

I use Oticon OPN S 1 aids (one generation older than the more). I use Beyer DT 770 Pro headphones with large closed cups with my aids and an iMac Pro computer at home. I don’t have feedback issues with the headphones and, as they have a closed design with reasonably good seal to my head around my ear, they passively reduce ambient sounds reasonably well.

I have also used the ConnectClip as cvkemp suggests - I need to use a Sennheiser (now EPOS) BTD 800 USB dongle with the iMac Pro to get a reliable connection to the ConnectClip. I do not need the dongle with an older MacBook Pro (15" 2016 model). The dongle was included when I purchased the ConnectClip when they were first available - I do not think they are included now. EPOS now sells dongles with a USB-C connector instead of the more usual USB type A connector - I have no experience with that version.

I’ve also used the ConnectClip to connect to a Cisco VOIP phone that has bluetooth at my office. The combination of the ConnectClip and the hearing aids shows up as a Bluetooth headset for the phone.

Note that the ConnectClip can only connect to one Bluetooth device at a time (computer or dongle or, in my case at work, the VOIP phone) and connects to the first available device. The clip can be paired to multiple devices.

Good luck,

Stuart

1 Like

I suggest that you have your audi create a telecoil program for use with your headphones. I assume that you’re talking about an over the ear (or at least on the ear) pair of headphones and not some kind of ear-buds that require you to plug into your ear canal. This will allow the telecoil to pick up the sound from the magnetic field generated by the headphones’ speakers instead of the mics from the Mores picking up the sound over the air from the headphone’s speakers. This makes a big difference, especially if you experience feedback with your headphones while wearing your hearing aids. And even if you don’t have feedback, picking up the headphones’s sound through the air into the mic in such close proximity of each other is probably not as ideal as picking up the magnetic sound wave from the headphones and have it induced into the hearing aids’ telecoils.

Of course the ConnectClip would eliminate the need for headphones altogether, but they’re $250 on Amazon. So if you don’t want to shell out that kind of money and wearing headphones is just fine with you, then try the telecoil approach. You’d have to get your audi to install the telecoil program into your More 2, though, if not already done so.

3 Likes