Oticon intent 105 or 100?

I use the oticon intent 1, of receiver 100. And I would like to know if it is worth switching to custom receiver 105.

1. Did you have REM? If so, was the target achieved, especially in your 2000-8000 Hz range?

2. What acoustic coupling do you have? A dome (I hope not)? If you have a custom earmold, what diameter is your venting?

@cvkemp has an experience of switching receivers for Intent. You can find his post in topics about Intent by search form.

EDIT:

1. What is your Word Recognition Score in quiet for each ear separately and bilaterally?

2. Do you think about more powerful HAs e.g. Naida Lumity?

I have the INTENT1 aids with 105db receivers to accomplish the speech understanding that I so dearly wanted. My audiologist and I did was pushing way beyond a comfortable fitting so I could hear speech better without the irritating feedback. So what I received was a 100%+ fitting. As for your hearing loss I don’t see a huge improvement for the 5db difference in the receivers. For me it was going from 85db to the 105db receivers so it made that huge difference.

2 Likes