Oticon Genie2 2020.2 fitting software update available

Sure it’s available, but you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device if you’re interested in DIY.

1 Like

Hi there tenkan, I too could use a copy of Oticon Genie 2 2022 2. I am in the market for a pair of More 1s. I have been looking. Also looking for a Noahlink wireless so I can learn to fitt my aids. Thank you-cadillacxx46@gmail.com (cadillac)

Hello, I use Oticon Alta 2 hearing aids. I have such a hearing impairment that I have to reprogram my hearing aids frequently. I have no experience in this at all. I already have a HI-PRO USB device, a CS44 cable and an Alta 2 shoe. I also need the Oticon programming software. Is it Genie 2? Can you download it? krzysztofj-23@tlen.pl

You need to use Genie. Also read a DIY School file named
(Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie; Alta-Nera-Ria-Agil-Epoq)

2 Likes

thx. In my country, audiologists prefer to sell new hearing aids instead of programming.

After you determine what connector fits your style Alta2 (miniRITE, BTE, etc) then you need a pair of connectors/cables, not just one.

1 Like

Before I found your forum, I was a bit lost. I bought HI-PRO USB, CS44 cable + shoe. I didn’t know that I needed Genie 2 for this. I will buy a second pair of cables and start programming after installing Genie 2. It probably won’t be easy. I read about manually typing an audiogram. But the most important thing is that everything works fine after installing Genie 2

Don’t use Genie2. Use Genie for legacy hearing aids. Stop buying and start reading.

ETA; Suggested DIY School reading is a DIY School PDF file named;
(02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids)

1 Like

Hi. I installed Genie, connected Alta 2, hi-pro usb and everything works. I also reprogrammed my hearing aids. It’s much better than the audiologist has done recently. I wonder if I choose well. When programming the hearing aid, I have a choice; Genie or hearing aid. I choose a hearing aid. Is it correct? Maybe someone will tell you how to set the hearing aid when the volume is correct but I feel like my ear is blocked? I am writing through a translator, it can be stupid. Thank you for your help.

You only get a choice when settings (hearing aids/database) don’t match. The first time you must choose hearing aid settings because your database is empty.

At (End Fitting Step) if you save to Both (database and hearing aids) then both will match and you no longer will have to choose because both are the same.

Maybe open a new topic specifically for the one ear blocked problem. It could be many things.

1 Like

@krzysztofj-23, sorry that I did not get back to you with that copy. I am still trying to figure out how to send from Google drive. It sounds like you have everything under control. cadillac

I work on one cable but I have already purchased a second set. If I succeed, I will do a hearing test in Genie and set the hearing aids according to the new audiogram. Now I get too much high-pitched noise in my left hearing aid. Thanks again for your forum. Speech understanding is back. You’ve over-adjusted my hearing aids again. The feeling of blocked ear disappeared without increasing the volume of the hearing aid.

Where can I download Oticon Genie 2 2022.2
Thanks
Mike

1 Like

Don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well if you haven’t already.

Oh, and I wouldn’t post an email address on the web ; )

Good advice. Removed
The address just reserved for all sort of rubbish though )))
Cheers!

1 Like

In Genie, your left hearing aid appears on the right side of the monitor screen. Can this be changed? What determines the diameter of the vent in the earbud. I have 0.7 mm. I greet all forum members

1 Like

No it cannot be changed. It is designed to relate to the audiologist view of his/her client. You can get comfortable with that view after some time. Just imagine a person sitting across from you.

What’s an earbud?

This is determined by your hearing loss, at .7mm that’s pretty small, most likely for severe to profound loss, posting your audiogram will help.

this is my earbud with 85dB earphone and 0.7mm hole

1 Like

Oh, Oticon call these Earmolds. A DIY School PDF file named
(Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie2; More-Own)
has a link (at the very end) to; Genie 2 | 2022.1 Quick Fitting Guide.

The guide has information about Oticon Earmolds starting around pages 24/25.

Your audiologist chooses the vent size based on your hearing loss.

eta: Your (85dB earphone) is usually called a receiver or a speaker.

1 Like