Oticon Genie 2017.1 cannot Detect Alta Pros

It’s frustrating I know.
When I got my serial Hi Pro year’s ago I had a similar hold up as you. My issues were driver related and USB to serial cable conversion. It took three different cables and drivers to get the Hi Pro to function. That’s been 10 years ago.
You might double check updates for your computer and also the Hi Pro.
Following this thread it sure looks like the cables from your Hi Pro to the aids are not communicating some how. Thinking out loud, your Oticon software sends a signal to the Hi Pro which goes to the aids then back the way it came. Somewhere in that sequence the left and right lights should light. Could be the Oticon program not sending the signal, Hi Pro not relaying to the aids, bad wiring or connection. With both aids doing the same thing it seems it would be the Oticon software or the Hi Pro, something common to both aids.
PVC is good at this stuff. You have good help.

Yes, the cable small end is firmly plugged into the flex strip. I have a second set of flex strips. I tried those with no success. Also tried using a different laptop with no success.

Ask the mini Pro seller if the mini Pro was tested-working and see what he/she says?

I sent a message to the seller on AliExpress. Will see what she says.

I once had trouble getting my minipro to detect an Oticon aid I purchased on eBay. I opened the aid and looked at the three contacts that match up with the ribbon cable. One of the contacts was slightly askew and not parallel with the others. I took a toothpick and carefully straightened the contact. It was then detected. Probably just a shot in the dark but it might be worth a look to see if the contacts in the aid are properly aligned.

1 Like

After several explanation emails, the AliExpress seller agreed to take back the mini Pro and send another one or issue a refund. I will be sending the mini Pro back to China for a replacement. Hopefully the next one will work. Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

I hope the replacement functions properly. That’s good the seller is working with you.

hello guys, hope you are well. Im looking to program oticon Geno 2 but it isnt recognized on genie 2017.1 either genie 2. i connect the cs44 cable to the programming shoe and everything,yet it’s not detected. Have you ever encountered something like that? it doesnt even detect other Oticon HA.

This is a three-year-old thread that was resurrected because of a similar problem. The original problem (although not resolved at that time) was due to the “CABLES”. You cannot use those 3-pin NOAHlink cables (not to be confused with Noahlink Wireless). They won’t work. Here’s a Reference-Link.

Something is odd about Oticon Geno hearing aids. The Geno hearing aids are left out in some of the usual documentation about Oticon hearing aid models. I did see Geno mentioned in Oticon India and I thought that maybe Genie 2017.1 should be installed as India location (using English language) instead of the United States. But there is no India location, so that didn’t work. Has anyone successfully connected to Oticon Geno hearing aids?

Also @prosV What happens with your Hi Pro lights when you try to connect? Also maybe use Windows Device manager to look at your Hi Pro driver. No need to post same problems on multiple topics.