Oticon Engage Stethoscope that works with iphone - reviews

What’s your hearing loss like? What are you going to be listening for? Hearing aids typically cannot reproduce sounds low enough to capture ausiculation frequencies, and in many cases if your hearing aids are reasonably open fit you may be better off going with an amplified stethoscope and a circumaural headset to pop on overtop of them. (Feedback I’ve gotten is that patients view a circumarual headset as “more high tech and new” than a regular stethoscope.)

One of the things I did when i got my first pair of hearing aids since the stethoscopes were not bluetooth and you needed the tubes, was ti get an additional program that I could toggle to on the aid itself. This was just basically a mute program i could access real quick as I did not know if there would be any feedback or interference between the two electronics. Turns out it was never needed and still use the tubes instead of having to open an app on scene.

1 Like

So the the stethoscope connects to the phone using bluetooth? And the phone is connected to the hearing aids using MFI?