Oticon ConnectClip capabilities

Hi, all! First time posting…. Just got a ConnectClip this week (using with More 1s), and I’m curious about a couple of things.

First, if you’ve paired your CC with a newer Android phone, are you able to hear the custom ringtones that you’ve set up for certain callers? My phone is a few years old, and every call comes in sounding the same. And can you hear other phone-related sounds directly in your HAs, such as text notifications or alarms?

Also, I’m wondering about clever ways of wearing it. So far I prefer the lanyard to the clip, and recently I’ve tried hanging it somewhere near me instead of around my neck when I’m not on the phone. Actually, I was thinking of contacting Oticon to find out whether using a magnet would be problematic (aside from the fact that the clip isn’t steel, apparently… modifications ahead!).

My last question is about what options my audiologist might be able to change on the ConnectClip, if any. It would be great to see an interface pic if anyone has access.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Welcome to the Forum! I agree that wearing the ConnectClip on a lanyard is the handiest, however the two supplied cords are not easily adjustable, I have found that an adjustable lanyard of the type sold for sports whistles works great: they’re flat and supple, like a shoe lace, and so they’re more comfortable to wear and lie flatter against your neck.

This is by no means a mind-boggling suggestion, but I’ve found this lanyard to be way more comfortable and secure than the breakaway lanyards that Oticon supplies with the ConnectClip.

That’s a good thought!

:slightly_frowning_face:There’s guys/gals on the Forum that can explain Bluetooth in five flavours, how the faesicula carborundum of the ear works, presbyterian hearing loss, and that frequency lowering doesn’t mean “turn down the TV, please”.

Me? I can show y’all a picture of a whistle lanyard that looks like a shoelace. [sigh] I shoulda studied harder instead of pickin’ that damned GEEtar!

You will hear the annoying connectclip ring tone through your aids, but you should also hear your phone’s ringtone externally.
Here’s a faq.

The fitting software has a section for changing several settings related to the connectclip, and how it interacts with your smartphone/PC/Tablet for voice & music streaming. Your audi can work through the various options with you. Or you can be brave & go the DIY route. It’s not too difficult to make minor tweaks, and avoid trips to the audi.

@SpudGunner did a fantabulous job of illustrating the alternative to the el cheapo Oticon lanyard.
As always, spudster, thank you for your valuable contribution.

is one of his forte’s.
Deep in the recesses of @SpudGunner’s brain lie a derth of obscure & proprietary knowledge.

You do realize that the More aids can directly connect to the latest Google and Samsung Android smartphones. Without the need for the connect clip.

Here is a link to the device compatibility list

1 Like

Thank you , :zap: Flash :zap: ! :slight_smile:

I believe the accrate scientific term is presbyterian acuity , just in case you think I don’t know!

[“The Spud’s brain is a vertible repostulary of knowledge.” I like the ring of that!]

1 Like

Thanks for your detailed response! Good point about the external ringtone. I had to turn the volume way down to avoid being overwhelmed by loud ringing through the HAs, so unfortunately I’m missing that cue when I’m not near my phone. Of course, that’s when it would be the most useful! (I’ve actually been amazed by how well the Bluetooth works – left both the CC and my phone on the second floor earlier today while I took a quick trip to the basement, and I still received notification of an incoming call.)

1 Like

Yes, I did notice that list, and I’ll keep it in mind when I’m ready to upgrade. Looking forward to managing fewer pieces of hardware! Although my phone experience isn’t ideal right now, I’m really happy with my laptop connection. Haven’t needed the remote mic function yet, but I’m glad it’s available.

1 Like