Oticon ConnectClip - audio cuts out

For reference, here is the version of the USB dongle I am using:

EPOS Enterprise BTD 800 USB-C
Connect Any Bluetooth Audio Device to Your PC or Mac and Tablet via This USB-C dongle, Black

Yeah, in the screenshot below, if your hearing aids are connected to Genie 2, it’ll show the info below the ConnectClip icon if you have any pairing data or not. It’s not showing in the actual screenshot below only because I didn’t connect my hearing aids to it.

Anyway, if it shows the pairing information and you hover your mouse pointer on it, a trash can icon will appear and you can click on it to clear out the pairing information.

So I have had the cut out issues with my Connect clip and Oticon More 1’s ver 1.4.3. I visited my audiologist yesterday and requested HS update to 1.4.4 which she did and clearing of pairings in Connect Clip. She said all is up to date and good to go. I paired the Connect clip with my hearing aides then with my iMac and had good audio with no cut outs until about 10minutes later when the leds on the connect clip went out then both leds started flashing bright red, then went of then back to HA pairing and then steady yellow indicating HA pairing then blue led came on for pairing to computer then all off and again 2 flashing red leds. Does anyone know what the two flashing leds on the Connect clip mean. I cannot find any info on this condition in the Connect Clip user manual or on line info. Will try making new appt with audiologist tomorrow to see if she knows anything.

So visit with audiologist today, she called Oticon described problem Oticon said both LEDs flashing red indicates a hardware problem with the Connectclip. Mine is out of warranty so buying a new connectclip. Hopefully will be smooth sailing ahead, and the end of a long winding road, when it arrives.

So new connect clip, Bluetooth Prefs show Connectclip1.1 and Oticon More 1 HA’s 1.4.4 New Connect Clip is working great with streaming my iMac audio to my Oticon More HA’s. Pairs with HA’s quickly and with iMac quickly and streams without cut outs to both hearing aides. So problem solved finally!

I have the same or very similar issue. I have two ConnectClips, More 1s, and a MacBook M1 pro. When the on/off/on/off cycle starts, switching to the second CC fixes the problem sometimes for 3 or 4 weeks. When the second CC starts cycling, I switch back to the first CC which will not start the cycling problem again until 3 or 4 weeks. This pattern has repeated many times. Annoying.

Hello. Will I need just Genie 2 for it. Or Noahlink wireless as well?

Try this it has always worked for me.

How to pair aids to connect clip

Oticon suggested pressing all three buttons and holding them…the light will turn white, then red. Then place the aids in the charger and turn the connect clip on and take the aids out of the charger. The connect clip will pulse yellow looking for the aids and then green when it finds them. Then they suggested to forget the pairing on the phone and re pair it through bluetooth. Once repaired they suggested to turn on the remote microphone (hold large button till the light turns pink). If the remote mic works with no problem and keeps the connection it rules out the connect clip being the problems and then we could assume its an aid problem. If the aids are connected to the phone and the connect clip is the two will fight and usually the aids will win so there is a known struggle but we can start by seeing if the connect clip is working

Yes this works

Not sure what the “it” here is referred to what specifically. To clear the ConnectClip pairing in Genie 2? If so, then yes, you need both Genie 2 and the NoahLink Wireless to do it yourself, or you need an HCP to do it for you using those 2 things.

2 Likes