Oticon Chili

Still not clear. If the bandwith is 6.5 as thr Chilis , does that mean they don’t provide amplification beyond that frequency or what ?

I would be curious to know how long the battery would last in that frequent replacements get very expensive really fast.

hmm wonder what they did to get the power consumption down…

I have the kid’s version in the power platform and the batteries last 2 weeks!
almost went with another hearing aid that carries a 675 but I stayed with 13s in the end.

They say this is a discreet aid but when I saw it I found it very big.

I found it big as well. It sat on my ear and look the same size as my naida UPs.

I would rather have bigger batteries if they are the same size. May go for an aid with smaller battery if the aid is also smaller.

No, Chili is smaller than Naida UP. I have both of pairs and can see difference in sizes. Here is a photo showing this difference.

Looking at picture, I see why I would say they are the same size. The difference is tiny.

I think Chili is same size as Naida SP. When they say " discreet’ about Chili I consider this a lie. It is very big.

Chili don’t seems so jumbo as Naida. Tiny or not tiny - but this is a difference in sizes.

This last part of the thread is funny to read. Both are smaller than what super power hearing aids used to be. That said, relative to a Unitron US80-PP or a Phonak SuperFront, both these hearing aids are small.

lol, I had Phonak Superfront aids for 16 years, the Naidas are tiny compared to the Superfront but the different between the Chillis and Naidas is tiny that I would go for the Naidas always as I can get better battery life :slight_smile:

I would pick the same way with your loss.

The Naida UP hearing aids are louder than the Chili for low frequencies. However, for those with better low frequencies, there seems to be greater love for the Chili’s.

What aids do you recommend for my loss ?

The Oticon distributor isn’t convinced that I should wear CHili. He thinks Agil min RITE or Acto Min Rite would work better due my ski slope loss . He says that I don’t need much amplification over 2000 and that the Agil would pick thehigh frequncies. He doesn’t have aids right now for me to try as he is ordering.

I am really confused. I tried Phonak Audeo Smart IX and think I am missing many things. My main problem is understanding speech even in calm situations and I think I get distortion. I think Agil has same power as the Smart ,so I was pushing towards the CHili.

Maybe he doesn’t like them being big for me as he thinks I am young(30’s) , and would rather prefer smaller aids but I told him that I have no other option but the Chili. I thought I was giving him instructions more than making use of his experience. Maybe this forum gave me much information on aids. When I tried the samrt, I tried one aid so he says when I wear two Agils I will be able to understand speech. He is not dispensing Phonak’s. Only Oticon.

In my country we don’t have trial periods but he offered to give me time to try the aids when he have them. This is another problem as aids are not always available as the distributor’s and he has to order from time to time. He made me think of trying the Agil but I have no hope with the type of loss I have.

That’s what I found out. I think the Naidas are the only digital aids suitable for my loss :slight_smile:

For your type of loss, RIC are normally better but if you are paying, I would only pay for HAs that you actually want.
Chilli would cope with further loss, if there is any.
I know some people with ski slope loss find molds to make them plugged up feeling.
You would benefit from the Phonak Sound Recover. I think other brands have the same thing but called something else.

I’m sure HearingAidHelper will come along soon.

The Chili is a super power hearing aid… That said, it could be used for your loss, but I don’t really have enough information to say that it should be used.

My decision would be based on how loud you prefer speech to be in dB. If you were at a preference of 85dBHL and above, i would say ok. Otherwise, i would say pick a power BTE like the Agil power BTE or Acto Pro Power BTE. I wouldn’t pick the RITE models for fear of not getting enough power range in them, as well you would have to make perfect fitting earmolds for them, otherwise they would cause a crazy amount of feedback.

I would highly consider Phonak/Widex/Starkey hearing aids for their ability to move high frequency sounds into a lower register for your loss if they are available.

Fit would mean everything for your successful fitting.

I hope this helps.

I’m bit saying there isn’t a size different but what i’m saying is there is not much size different. The pictures should really show a Naida SP as the Chillis are not as powerful as the Naida UPs.

My loss wouldn’t fit into the Chillis.

Thanks . This is so much useful.
I read here that the best way to avoid feedback and to get more power is to use customs c-shell. I used Phonak Smart with power domes but maybe those were not enough.

The Oticon distributor insists that I can make success with the Agil or Acto . I have limited options and it is confusing.

Naida UP is 85db of gain max, not 82db!