My audiogram is as follows:
250 L25 R15
500 L60 R65
1000 L105 R115
2000 L115 R115
3000 L110 R115
4000 L115 R115
8000 L105 R110

I would suggest giving the nadias a go just to compare, but I do not know if this will be do-able given you may be on a 30 day trial? I think the nadias have SO many functions most audios need to spend a lot of trial and erroring to finally know which ones you like and want to keep/get rid.

They have whistleblock, echoblock, sound recover, etc etc which all sound great but if you are like me and not used to them they can be far too overwhelming!

Hi All a newbe here,

Just had trial of the Chili 9 and now I am trying the Chili 7. The Chili 7 to me sound terrible when compare to the 9. When I first use the Chili 9 I had turn the surround sound system down and music from the 7.1 system on a TV show was great, but with the Chili 7 everything is just flat even voices. I know from looking at then specs the 9’s have the following additional futures:

Binaural Noise Management
Binaural Synchronization
My Voice

I going to assume that this is what made the Chili 9 sound better, can someone explain what and why.

Seems you are not fully satisfied with the Chili 9, since you are trying another HA. Just thought I’d let you know that Widex just came out with a new BTE (powerful) HA called the Widex Super 440. Its new on the market so I have no idea how it stacks up against the Chili.

Question - Does the Chili 9 and 7 have RITC and if so have you experienced any feedback. Seems lots of users of the RITC are experiencing nasty feedback when trying new aids.

There no feedback with the Chili. I trying the 7’s because of the price, but it look like you get what you pay for. The sound quality of the 7 is subpar to the 9.

Why do power aids do not have large bandwith. Is this good or bad?

Feedback mainly, but also it is assume that there is a high probability of having cochlear dead regions

Chili SP 9:
-Has 1 extra channel

• More identities
    -Binaural processing
    -Power bass OR Music widening.

Still not clear. If the bandwith is 6.5 as thr Chilis , does that mean they don’t provide amplification beyond that frequency or what ?

I would be curious to know how long the battery would last in that frequent replacements get very expensive really fast.

hmm wonder what they did to get the power consumption down…

I have the kid’s version in the power platform and the batteries last 2 weeks!
almost went with another hearing aid that carries a 675 but I stayed with 13s in the end.

They say this is a discreet aid but when I saw it I found it very big.

I found it big as well. It sat on my ear and look the same size as my naida UPs.

I would rather have bigger batteries if they are the same size. May go for an aid with smaller battery if the aid is also smaller.

No, Chili is smaller than Naida UP. I have both of pairs and can see difference in sizes. Here is a photo showing this difference.

Looking at picture, I see why I would say they are the same size. The difference is tiny.

I think Chili is same size as Naida SP. When they say " discreet’ about Chili I consider this a lie. It is very big.

Chili don’t seems so jumbo as Naida. Tiny or not tiny - but this is a difference in sizes.

This last part of the thread is funny to read. Both are smaller than what super power hearing aids used to be. That said, relative to a Unitron US80-PP or a Phonak SuperFront, both these hearing aids are small.

lol, I had Phonak Superfront aids for 16 years, the Naidas are tiny compared to the Superfront but the different between the Chillis and Naidas is tiny that I would go for the Naidas always as I can get better battery life :slight_smile:

I would pick the same way with your loss.

The Naida UP hearing aids are louder than the Chili for low frequencies. However, for those with better low frequencies, there seems to be greater love for the Chili’s.