Original Hi-Pro

I assume what Audiometrix_hearing is saying is that he has tested the USB vs Serial on a computer and they time out the same. From that perspective, he did keep everything else the same to test each device.

Then he did the same on 2 other computers and the results were comparable as well.

I find it very plausible that the USB 1 HiPro has the same design as the original Serial HiPro, except that they either move the serial to USB conversion inside the USB 1 HiPro, or they replaced the serial port with the USB 1 port but they kept the gut of the design and hardware the same. From this perspective it’s not surprising that their performance would be the same.

And they didn’t actually redesign until they came out with a version 2 of the HiPro for USB 2 that’s 5 times faster.

1 Like

Correct.

Computer 1: 30 seconds (Serial and USB) 40 Seconds (Mini)
Computer 2: 34 Seconds (Serial and USB) 42 Seconds (Mini)
Computer 3: 38 Seconds (Serial and USB) 42 Seconds (Mini)

2 Likes

That’s awesome @audiometrix_hearing. Thanks for testing all that. And interesting results.

1 Like

Thanks for the timings!

1 Like

Hi-Pro 2 is usually around 10 to 15 seconds, and the same for wireless devices.

Price
Old Junk Serial Hi Pro $99
Serial to USB adapter $6
Pair of CS44 Cables $50
Pair of Flex Strips $20
Free Shipping $0
Total $175

Upon further reflection this is not a bad deal. Since the cheapest we found cables and flex strips was $50 and $20 ($70 total) and if you are willing to use a device that pre-dates USB, then you can get this deal for $50 cheaper than a mini Pro with CS44 cables and flexstrips. That is assuming flexstrips are included, the OP just said programming cables.

Since the Serial to USB adapter is included you can avoid connectivity problems that arise from adapters that don’t support the required speed. This was a major concern of mine. But since the adapter is supplied you should be good to go.

I’ve been repeatedly asking for that clarification. Does the kit come with all the required attachments FOR EACH VARIATION for the same price? ie. I needed the CS44 and the 312 pill flex strip. Buyhear provided that. I’m assuming Buyhear provided Volusiano with what his OPN’s needed. Phonak needs something else. Some also need a flex strip without any pill. etc.

Unfortunately audiometrix only has a few Hi-Pro’s currently. We’ll see what they do over time.

Yes, it comes with everything you need.

I should warn you, I probably won’t be on the forums much longer, sadly.

The owner does not like me talking about our services and will boot me if I slip up again, which is inevitable. Sorry guys :frowning:

I guess you just have to stay in Online Sellers then which is where he has wanted to contain vendors.

Unfortunately we are pulling business away from his interests.

I can’t say I blame him. Just wish there was a way of making it beneficial for all parties.

I remember seeing that post and thinking,
Uh-Oh, Admin ain’t gonna like this ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

But I think you’re okay here in the Online Sellers category.

The post in question was talking about us (We had been PMing), so I wanted to clear up what he said. He already posted a price, didn’t think it would be a problem to correct it.

How are you pulling business away from his interest if he’s not a practicing audiologist?
Or should I ask what is his interest?

Forums cost money to operate. There are no ads here, meaning he has to turn a profit from something to continue operating the site (not a bad thing, that’s how the world works)

I dont want to speculate too much, like I said, my head is on the chopping block.

implement non intrusive advertising to earn side income

Stifling the inevitable might prove more costly

I have clarified my interests multiple times, and wish @audiometrix_hearing would actually listen rather than speculate. Here it is again:

Regarding the forum, I do believe there is a way to keep the forum open and free, while at the same time making it pay for itself. If you take a look at my main site hearingtracker.com1, you can see that what we do there is mostly display advertising. We also do some marketing on Facebook for our advertising partners … I feel like it’s a nice way to not “commercialize” our content (ie. turn into an ecommerce shop), while at the same time keeping the information objective and unbiased. I hope to expand our marketing reach, and stick to similar activities, here in the forum. Since no hearing aid company owns even a tiny piece of my company, I am able to work with any number of companies on my own terms, and that means no favors on the editorial or user submitted content… Since we have grown our audience to a reputable size,companies are willing to work with us on our terms … and this means we can keep educating consumers the way we have for years about how the industry really works, and how to navigate it. For the record, we have not ever sold, and have no intention to sell, our user database (emails, etc). As an internet user and privacy advocate myself, I try to treat my users as I would expect to be treated.

As I have stated again and again, and as stated in “About the Online Sellers Category”, here is the reason we are trying to control the scope of online sellers in the general forum:

Online hearing aid sellers regularly appear in the forum, and this leads to our normal discussions being hijacked and turned into promotions for one online seller or another.

The rules aren’t hard to follow. Just don’t talk about your products or services outside of the online sellers area. Easy. And if someone addresses you and needs to talk shop in the general forum, ask them to re-post their question in Online Sellers. It shouldn’t be that hard. If you can’t follow the rules, I’m sure your competitors will enjoy the extra exposure here in this category.

What about the posts that are getting flagged that are not talking about sales or services?

I’m getting the vibe you just dont want me to post at all outside the online sellers category.

Can a seller say, in another thread outside of online sellers, hey can’t talk here but come on over to online sellers and we can talk at length?

2 Likes