Old Siemens Motion CIC 701 & App

I have some Motion CIC 701 from around 2012. They were tuned by an audiologist according to my various tests. I didn’t like wearing them for multiple reasons but, after years of not being able to hear anyone, I’ve come back around to trying them out.

I have the TEK remote, but the battery is ancient at this point and I have not tried charging it. Replacement batteries are no longer available and it was a proprietary build by Siemens–now long gone.

I’ve downloaded the Signia app, but no luck connecting through regular bluetooth, the accessibility iPhone feature, or the two tone-generating options in app.

Are there any other apps/options out there to serve as a replacement for the TEK remote?

Have you taken it apart to see what the battery is like? Maybe you can find one searching on the internet. Replacing the battery usually isn’t tough if you can source a battery.

WH

2 Likes

Wow yeah those are very old tech now, have you considered upgrading to a later models, say like the Signia Silk, there’s an old App called touch control which used high frequency sounds to change volume and program, can’t say for sure it works with your model tho, otherwise as @WhiteHat says find a similar battery on AliExpress or Ebay.
See another post on this here.

2 Likes

I checked tonight and my current insurance carries no hearing aid coverage, so I’m stuck with these for now. The good news is they work, I’d just like to be able to adjust volume & change programs.

Yes, I took the (removable) battery out of the remote and tried to cross-reference it to other similar batteries. I then received information that it was a proprietary build done for Siemens

I’d seen that earlier. Best I can tell, that post is referencing the transmitter between the TV (or other audio source) and the TEK remote.

While I have the same devices, the vital one seems to be the TEK remote itself. It too takes a proprietary battery and I confirmed it’s is long out of production.

Am hoping I can find some kind of alternative device that works on the e2e 2.0 protocol that these use. However, I did find one reference saying they used frequency hopping which would be almost impossible to replicate unless they are paired somehow.

No it’s for EasyTek remote, I removed the battery easy enough, finding one to fit is another thing.

You can find something similar tho, but is it really worth it, I dunno.

Yeah I don’t think so, the main problem for you is the very old technology been used.

1 Like

This is common, but there is often another battery with same voltage, and similar size out there. As @tenkan suggests, you have to ask yourself if the effort is worth it for so old a technology hearing aid. Have they been re-fit to a recent hearing test? I’d suggest sitting back and asking yourself if it is really the best path.

WH

Perhaps that’s the problem with not recognizing the pictures; the TEK vs the easyTEK. I did find an easyTEK app that uses audio signals to adjust so that’s an avenue I need to investigate.

Does anyone recall if current wax guards will work in the old devices? That seems to be the final hurdle to getting these into service. The ones I recall were tiny copper-colored cools that were a pain to work with. I was able to remove the old ones but thus far unable to find anything online that looks like those nor a manual discussing how/what part #

I truly do appreciate the help with this project. I can’t afford new ones and these will work, even without remote.

Could you post a screenshot of them, the older Siemens C-Grid like this?

I’m now told they are called wax springs. There are a few listed on eBay, but I’ll hunt around and see if there are some Siemen packaged ones. I’m told it’s important they be genuine or you risk them falling out while in use. I’ll post a pic tonight

That looks a lot like the HF-3 traps for my activelink receivers.

WH

1 Like