NOAHLINK Wireless - PHONAK iCube

How are NOAHLINK and NOAHlink different? This is all bull dung. I can’t find an audiologist in this area who knows a rock from a hearing aid. Very, very frustrating!

These answers don’t help, either!

I have not found it to do much at all. When trying to connect, it sits there for an eternity.

Yep and that’s exactly what’s going to keep happening until you connect the correct programming device.

Actually they do, you just need to take the time to read through the answers given.

Here follow this link and everything you ever wanted to know about anything is available, LMGTFY
As it seems you were asking these same questions back in Oct 2019. Use the search button here on hearing tracker, you’ll find it helpful.
DIY - How to Self Program the Phonak Audéo B

That was my original question! The reason I was asking bak in 2019 was the same reason I am asking now! I never received a “Yes” or “No” answer.

At least, you have answered my question, albeit indirectly. I have been able to conclude that the NOAHLINK Wireless is NOT equivalent to either the iCUBE or the iCUBE II.

Thanks for the links.

Well, I have other things going right now, so the time spending will have to wait.

Looks like I need the Noalink Wireless. The iCUBE and iCUBE II cannot program the Audeo B-50 Direct. Another PHONAK oddity.

No, it’s not an oddity. The Belong Direct/Marvel aids are just newer than the iCubes. All hearing aids are changing, not just Phonak. Wireless is slowly coming together. Hopefully the Noahlink Wireless will be the go to programmer like the HiPro used to be for just about all aids.

This is pretty simple stuff that is readily available on Target if you read it. Programming is a bunch more challenging than simple connections to aids.

If you have other things going on that won’t let you take the time to learn how to program your aids, maybe programming is not for you. It takes effort on your part, not just asking questions from others. Most of us who self program put a lot of effort into it on our own.

7 Likes

Okay. Thanks for the information! Much appreciated!

1 Like

Has anyone used the iCube with Target 6.2.6? I see that the iCube II is listed but not the iCube.

I dusted off my old iCube and tried to connect with a USB cable but Target doesn’t detect it. Oddly enough, Target is able to reset the iCube because the lights go on as expected during reset.
I went back to the old iPFG software and was able to detect and connect to the iCube so I know it’s working.
I have Audeo Q70 HAs which I program just fine with my HiPro and cables but every once in a while I would like to do a quick tweak while I am wearing the HAs by using the iCube. My other option is to sell the iCube and get the iCube II or Noahlink.

Your Audeo Q90 aids need the HiPro with cable or the iCubeII, they will not link with the Noahlink Wireless.
This is why your iCube will not link to Target.

The Noahlink Wireless will link with Audeo B Direct and Marvel aids.

Thanks Raudrive.
This saves me the expense of trying out the Noahlink. I’ll start looking for a used iCube II.

I was in your position a while back. Figured a noahlink wireless would be in my future so I started looking for the great deal. Found one for a great price and about that time I found set of Audeo M90 RT aids for a great price too.
So that’s where I am at now.

Support for the original iCube was only just removed in version 6.2 of Target. It’s still available in version 6.1 if you have access to it and are willing to uninstall 6.2 and re-install 6.1.

1 Like

I remember using the iCube on my Q70s a while back. It must have been Target 5.x or there about. I wasn’t sure how far back from 6.2 I’d have to go before iCube worked again. I’ll definitely look for 6.1, any leads on where to find it?

I could have sworn I saw the iCube in Target a while back. Couldn’t find when answering this thread question yesterday.
Thanks for clearing this up.

Here is some feedback on iCube with Target 6.1.7 and 5.4.2.
It works on both the USB cable and through Bluetooth. My Audeo Q70s connect on both. Thanks for everyone’s help.

1 Like

I have B90 and Cros-B. I can use icube-2 for programming NO problem.
Also, I have a Phonak M70-R. I just got it because I do not like to wear Compilot device around neck.
Anyway, I tried to connect M70 using icube-2 but it is not working. So I think, I need to get Noahlink.
Good luck.

Make sure you get the Noahlink Wireless.

This link might shed light on the differences between Hearing Aid Programming Devices;

Evolution of the Hearing Aid Programming Device

Thanks very much!

Glad to see you’ve returned. You’re always very helpful.

I forgot to thank you, so thanks very much!