New to Me Naida Aids

Pretty excited about picking up a used set of Naida V90 UP aids today. My insurance doesn’t support hearing aids so used aids and self programming works out best for me.
I could use some help finding the Phonak “power slim tubes”. These UP aids fitting range with power slim tubes is right in line with my hearing loss. These power slim tubes are a bit larger ID than typical slim tubes and a bit smaller than standard #13 hooks. If anyone can point me in the right direction to finding these tubes I would appreciate it.
Moving from the Phonak Spice generation to the Venture generation will hopefully help speech recognition.
Thanks for any help.
Rick

1 Like

https://www.deafequipment.co.uk/catalogue/14679646/Phonak-Hearing-Aid--Power-SlimTube-II

1 Like

Zebra gave a great source, but it looks like you’re in the US. I didn’t have any luck with a quick online search. Unless you get some other leads, I’d give Lloyds hearing aid repair a call. I’m betting they could point you in the right direction.

1 Like

Thanks,
Loyds doesn’t have them showing on line. I will give them a call.

Thanks,
Don’t mind buying from England.

These power slim tubes are designed for molds. I know I can get molds from Lloyd’s but never have. Maybe I need to do just that??
But, looking at these power slim tubes, it would be simple to cut them to the proper length then run a die on that cut end to attach a dome to.
Piece of cake.

They say the Phonak Naida UP isn’t suitable for domes.

You are probably right. Took a few minutes looking at Lloyd’s. The molds are looking better. Through the years I have been able to bend the rules fitting aids with good luck but now my hearing is worse. Probably need to follow the guidelines for better word recognition.
Thanks for your help.

The sim tubes that fit the Versata M, also fit the older Naida SP and UP so they might fit the newer Naida SP and UP as well. They use domes rather then ear moulds.

The Versata M uses the same ear hooks as the older Naida, HE7 680.

Thanks for your help.
My older slim tubes (HE7)from the Exelia Art aids also fit on these v90 Naida UP aids as well as my older Naida SP aids. But physical size of the hooks and the ID of these hooks are different. The Naida UP hooks (HE11)are bigger with larger ID. The ID is what I would think will make a big difference in aid output and performance.
When you look at the fitting chart for the Naida SP and UP aids with the power slim tubes compared to the standard hooks/tubes there is a noticeable difference in output. The typical Phonak slim tubes have a smaller ID than the power slim tubes so that would decrease aid output even more.
This is why I am pursuing the power slim tubes. With the up aids and the power slim tubes the Nadia UP aids just meet my hearing loss according to the Target program.

A little update.
Started the mold making process with Lloyd’s. After a couple Emails and a phone call everything is set. They can get the Phonak power slimtubes. This is a huge relief for me. Now the aids will be set up properly with these power slimtubes and silicon molds. The Target software should be pretty close with this factory coupling arrangement.
Thanks to each of you for your input and help.
Rick

1 Like

While waiting for the new earmolds and tubes from Lloyd’s I decided to try some temporary couplings on the new to me Naida aids using some old slim tip molds and size #13 tubing. Ran the programming and initial results for these V90 Naida UP aids are pretty darn good. Lots of new sounds!
Really looking forward to the new power slim tubes and molds from Lloyd’s. I can see much better speech recognition coming!

The fitting range for the power slim tubes goes down to 90 dB. Standard ear hooks goes down to 120 dB.

You got me to go look again. Wondering if I looked at it wrong. According to the Target software the V90 Naida UP aids go to 110 with the power slim tubes and 120 with the hooks.
This was the very reason for buying the UP aids. They will just cover my hearing loss with the the power slim tubes. The SP Naida aids will cover my loss with hooks but I wanted the less visual power slim tubes.
These UP aids are definitely bigger than the SP aids. They do push my ears out a little. If I had it to do over I probably would have bought the SP aids and used hooks.
How do you like your Widex aids?

I no longer use widex aids. I will be buying a pair of used Naida V 70 UP aids until Phonak comes out with the new Naida aids based on the Marvel platform. I will have to look at the Target software fitting range.

Yes the SlimTubes work up to 110db on the UPs.

1 Like

The Marvel platform sure looks promising. All the hype over the Audéo aids is pretty amazing. The hands free android is exciting too. I won’t be able to pay the big price of the M Naida aids when they come out. Maybe a year or two later. These Venture Naida aids are very nice. With the Compilot2 and the TVlink2 it should be much better for me. Phone calls have been a struggle for a while and closed captions the norm.

I have a Medicare advantage healthcare plan with a new healthcare company. I get 1500 dollars each year from the healthcare company to cover some of the costs of a pair of new hearing aids.

Thanks,
I will be 65 next year. Can you imagine looking forward to being 65!
The Medicare will hopefully help with things. Sure will look at yours to see if it’s available here.
Can you accumulate that $1500 over a few years? Like $4500 every 3 years?